Coronavirus Thread Political II

Is Pelosi holding up reloading PPP?

Wow…that didn’t take long…

2 Likes

No.

We met the goal and can open.

Which goal has been met?

We are hearing from the White House that adequate testing is in place, but several Republican Governors today, as well as several Democrats, said that goal has not been met.

The Chinese ended the lockdown of Wuhan when they marked fourteen straight days without a new infection… Clearly not state in the US has met that goal.

According to…

The hospital capacity is able to meet the requirements to open.

That was the goal. Mitigate the CV19 spread.

Testing is in a good place. States need to make capacity work. Many can right now.

China is not an acceptable comparison.

New cases continue to drop.

Opening has already begun in several states and will gain momentum this week.

Outlook is positive.

The may be lying… but I was proposing various tests of when an area can re-open. What do you think is the correct criteria for reopening.

“Tests!” Again! What good does testing do with a respiratory virus? You are going to be exposed.

2 Likes

Already happening.

See the Presidential guidelines.

Psychological reassurance.

Fauci told them it is a time stamp on a moving world.

He scheduled a pep rally at 5. As usual, he is very late more than an hour as of now.

My question: Are they just arguing backstage about what to say? Why does this happen every single time?

Anybody?

I’ve seen the Guidelines. One of the gating items for Phase 1 is testing of symptomatic people and and other is contact tracing in place.

Today, I’ve heard R & D Governors claiming that adequate testing is not in place and I hae also heard Mike Pence state the federal plan is to phase in contact tracing over eighteen months.

So I am wondering where we as a nation really are?

He’s completely incoherent today. Just full of ■■■■■ Backtracking on most of his previous declarations, praising Dem governors, weirdly ad-libbing, showing a video of Andrew Cuomo in a complimentary light, talking about how nice Andrew Cuomo is.
“We’ve delivered thousands of new ventilators.” Moments ago: “Nobody talks about ventilators any more.” Praising bi-partisanship

“We are getting additional ventilators” after saying we have too many ventilators He’s working with states, sending them to Mexico. A brief ‘SIR’ story.

So overall, pleading and whining for approval. He is out to lunch.

1 Like

It seems some states are having an issue with utilizing the testing available and the CDC is helping get them up to speed.

The opening is carefully moving forward.

That is where we are.

He sounds on top of the issue to me.

This post will not age well.

The “issue with utilizing the testing” is shortages of swabs and reagents as reported from multiple states this morning. The issue is not getting up to speed, it is one of managing supply chain.

On Friday, Jamie Dimon told President Trump that the earliest he can see re-opening JPMC is June 1 – six weeks from now.

One can say the opening is moving forward – that’s one spin on it, or you could say that the states that represent the majority of the GDP are struggling to put conditions in place for the first phase of the opening. I guess that’s up to one’s preferred spin.

1 Like

Donald Trump may be the first person who ever said Andrew Cuomo was “nice.” He has a very powerful reputation as an SOB… sometimes an effective SOB… but definitely an SOB.

@JayJay what’s going on in Singapore? Weren’t they are your list?