Coronavirus Thread Political II

Ridiculously stupid premise.

So much for that self professed “industry insider, expertise and knowledge”.

These didn’t change my statements in the slightest.

But while I’m flattered my the attention you like to give me, I’m married, sweetie.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes we would just “shrug it off”. We’d bury our dead, mourn them, and move on just as humanity has done since the dawn of time after numerous natural disasters, plagues, wars etc.

The long term impact of that happening in a short period of time would be negligible compared to the likely outcome if we try to live with a prolonged economic shut down that leads to a collapse which would include far more suffering and death.

I thought you rejected the hope with when Obama used it. I prefer building testing capacity and providing more medical facilities. My preference is for action.

Why do we need to build more medical facilities when we already have excess capacity?

If we know millions are gonna die. Why not pick them? Ruins the surprise but makes it easier to plan for.

Adding stupid to a pile of stupid only gives you an even bigger pile of stupid.

We can pick the battlefield and conditions in a war, you can’t do that in a pandemic.

1 Like

They simply disagree thay the globalist ideal of the “greater good” is at all “good”.

It’s called virtue signalling.

Must be because it makes no sense.

If we build permanent facilities that will do nothing but sit idle for years or dedades between emergencies it would be one hell of a waste of money.

It would make more sense to expand FEMA and Military mobile facilities that can be moved where needed and set up quickly in future emergencies.

I’ve long advocated for expanding the Guard/Reserve medical components and MASH capabilities for use during peacetime emergencies which would make far more sense.

In New York City, the Javits Convention Center has been turned into a field hospital for coronavirus patients because there is not enough capacity.

Following the logic of the 1.2% mortality rate, that number would overwhelm facilities in many areas.

No area was overwhelmed including NYC, their local capacity was never exceeded.

Even at the very peak of their outbreak, the Javit’s Center and Ship were never needed.

Even if they had been the portable temporary field hospitals could have easily handled the overflow that never came.

Interesting view. My understanding is that the Javits Center is hosting a large number of patients. My knowledge of this was based on the experience of one of my close friends who spent over a week there after a longer period in an actual hospital. What is your source on this?

1 Like

You “thought” wrong.

I don’t know, one of the protestors had a sign that read “I Need a Haircut!”

I’d be seriously embarrassed if I were to believe that was an issue worth protesting over.

I don’t have a problem with the protestors in general…I know many people have been through pain in this shutdown in the loss of their jobs and how for many it may be permanent.

But once again…just like the Occupy Wall Street protestors…they either don’t know what they’re protesting or they’re protesting the wrong things.

This makes sense. I also like the idea that was in the proposal from three Democratic Senators this past week that we need to build an infrastructure that is able to accelerate the development and deployment of testing for pathogens. Basically a structure to accelerate the response over the past three months.

Don’t you find it amazing that not one of these people are blaming the shutdown on Trump even though it’s his administration that is recommending people stay at home? Just when I thought there was a chance we’d get make it out his presidency unscathed, America gets brought to its knees…not by a virus, but by an avalanche of stupidity from an incompetent President and some of his diehard supporters.

1 Like

Maybe some are libs planting themselves in the protest crowd with frivolous complaints to discredit the constitutionalists with legitimate complaints.

I heard a Congresswoman say today, “In a crisis do not trust leaders who blame and bow”.