Coronavirus Thread Political II

So let’s blame him. You or me first?

There shouldn’t be any point.
However long the lockdown has to be, a proportionate amount of resources and relief should be allocated to make sure the economy is not destroyed.

Once they decided to act trhe 8 billion in funding came damn fast. Why didn’t they do a bill for funding well before that if they had the information on how this possibly could go (remember, at the time it was only a possability).

1 Like

Stop posting random twitter links. Last time.

2 Likes

The wife and I will be fine, we started our careers during the recession we know how to survive.

Now if trump handles this mess and starts taking care of things, I’ll give him credit. We will see, everytime he opens his damn mouth the markets tank.

Too late. Where do those resources and relief come from?

Hear him! Hear him!

■■■■ neckbeards!

Look at the bright side…you’ve got Newsom. :sunglasses:

I’ll be fine for a while too. Of course I’ll have to die working now, but I expected it.

It’s not me I’m worried about.

Schumer on TV says that we need to adopt his/Dems plan to prevent disaster. Includes six months guaranteed paychecks. And lots more “for the people”.

And if he had said everybody is going to die 4 weeks ago?

Wasn’t it two in the same phone call? Had they notified the white house previous?

If this is a reference to me, it was not random Twitter links. If you read my actual post, you would have seen it was a Twitter thread that President Trump himself has re-tweeted in full and had substantial amounts of important information. Information that the President felt was impactful and necessary enough to share with the entire nation. But when I tried to share it with the forum, it gets deleted. Go figure.

Resources and relief will come as long as it can be paid for.

So we’re back to Trump’s incompetence. OK, the economy was the bigger threat at the time, and perhaps still is. He BS’d, clumsily, about what he knew about the pandemic’s severity, then about what the administration’s response was. He inspired trust and placated fears in NO ONE. The market would still have nose-dived, but perhaps not crashed and burned.

As with any President, there’s plenty of things to criticize about W. Drawing the country together from the National Cathedral isn’t one of them.

“I think it’s going to work out fine,” Trump said on Feb. 19. “I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus.”

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” Trump tweeted five days later. “Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

This is after Trump was told on Jan 27:

Joe Grogan, the head of the White House Domestic Policy Council, argued that the administration needed to take the virus seriously or it could cost the president his reelection, and that dealing with the virus was likely to dominate life in the United States for many months.

You know what happens when you try to spread…how did you say it…misinformation? Karma. :sunglasses:

So what stocks did Trump dump “based on cnbc”?

What happened when he closed travel to China and the UK? People went nuts. Imagine if he had taken more drastic steps

2 Likes

What would have happened if he had come out on 1 February and said "This ■■■■ is going to be bad. We’re going to stop travel, lock down cities, no restaurants, no sports. We don’t have enough test kits, but we’re working on that. There is no cure, but most people won’t die, just get sick with pink froth coming out of your tubes.

We’re going to lock you in your houses and there isn’t going to be any toilet paper. Oh and no hand sanitizer either.

But don’t panic. Cough in your elbow."

1 Like