Coronavirus Thread Political II

Yes…you are…and I just proved it. Check the date…January 15th. That would be “mid January” or do you have a hard time with a calendar?

Texas is on it.

https://news.rice.edu/2020/03/27/ventilator-costing-less-than-300-developed-by-rice-university-and-metric-technologies-2/

Physicians, engineers work to deliver automated bag valve mask solution for COVID-19 crisis

Rice University and Canadian global health design firm Metric Technologies have developed an automated bag valve mask ventilation unit that can be built for less than $300 worth of parts and help patients in treatment for COVID-19. The collaboration expects to share the plans for the ventilator by making them freely available online to anyone in the world.

1 Like

Nobody is criticizing Trump for not doing anything on or prior to Jan 15.

Yes they are.

January 20: The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission declares for the last time in its daily bulletin, “no related cases were found among the close contacts.

That day, the head of China’s national health commission team investigating the outbreak, confirmed that two cases of infection in China’s Guangdong province had been caused by human-to-human transmission and medical staff had been infected.

Also on this date, the Wuhan Evening News newspaper, the largest newspaper in the city, mentions the virus on the front page for the first time since January 5.

January 21: The CDC announced the first U.S. case of a the coronavirus in a Snohomish County, Wash., resident who returning from China six days earlier.

By this point, millions of people have left Wuhan, carrying the virus all around China and into other countries.

We’re all aware of the timeline, including Trump downplaying the seriousness up until early March.

Bloomberg

Politics

China Blasts U.S. for ‘Overreaction’ to Virus, Spreading Fear

By

Karen Leigh

and

Dandan Li

February 3, 2020, 2:56 AM EST Updated on February 3, 2020, 4:04 AM ESThttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-03/china-blasts-u-s-for-overreaction-to-virus-spreading-fear

1 Like

Really…then why are you moving the goal posts?

Here’s the end of February…and the media and many are asking if Trump is over reacting?

https://onenewsnow.com/science-tech/2020/02/28/coronavirus-are-we-overreacting

Don’t even start that bs. There’s been plenty I’ve brought to you, that you had no clue about. And no, I’m not in the profession, at all. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect your opinion and look for ways to demean you. When you’re ready to have a conversation without the slights, I’ll be around.

This was published on February the 3rd and Trump is trying to “shut it down”.

Coronavirus: President Trump said US authorities ‘shut it down.’ Here’s what that means

It’s absolutely amazing to me how many sheople are among us. Please stay consistent in identifying yourselves by saying,

orange man baaa, baaa, baaad.

So we agree, the clip being depicted by CNN as “accurate standing on its own” is:

CNN lying by omission.

Definition being: otherwise known as exclusionary detailing, is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception.

No moving goalposts. The criticism of Trump is what he did or didn’t do in February and the beginning of March. That has nothing to do with what China did or didn’t do in December and January.

Starting all of that stockpiling in January would have been the right and sane thing to do.

The President said he always knew this was going to be a pandemic, so why would he sit on his hands for over a month?

January 22, China and WHO came clean on the human to human contact. WHO was still arguing against a travel ban for China.

January 31 travel ban.

3M had started uptick on masks. However, most masks were made in China who wound up keeping them for themselves…understandably.

Feb 6…CDC. comes up with first test kit. This fails, resulting in criticism of their being not better, smarter people I guess…and that they should have gotten some elsewhere.
Just this week…Spain (second hotspot under Italy) reveals that the 7000 test kits they got from China were defective and were only detecting 30% of positives (and that they want to return them and get their money back)…which is exactly the reason CDC was justified in creating its own test kits.

And….T…R…U…M…P…!!!

None of that matters, even though it was told to them back then that the kits being declined may have been that they were untrustworthy. Trump bad.

The President ordered a Travel Ban on Jan 31. Great. He says he always knew that Covid -19 was going to be a pandemic. His words not mine.

Did he start a coordination effort with the States?

Did he alert private industry to soon to be increased demand?

Did he form a Covid-19 response team that would identify any future impediments to providing treatment?

Was there any effort given to beginning to mobilize resources such as the Comfort to arrive where most needed? Was there any identification of what stockpiles the US government has at it’s disposal so as to know at a moments notice what is on hand and where? etc… etc…

There were a whole host of things that the President could have done since he knew all along that it was going to be a pandemic.

So why do people give him a pass on this?

If a Democrat performed this poorly at the beginning of a pandemic you would be eviscerating them and I would be agreeing with you.

You’re doing it again…

1 Like