Coronavirus Thread Political II

More of what he was up against in cutting off travel (Politico 2/4):

"The Trump administration’s quarantine and travel ban in response to the Wuhan coronavirus could undercut international efforts to fight the outbreak by antagonizing Chinese leaders, as well as stigmatizing people of Asian descent according to a growing chorus of public health experts and lawmakers.

The World Health Organization’s top official on Tuesday repeated concern that moves that interfere with transportation and trade could harm efforts to address the crisis, though he didn’t directly name the United States. Meanwhile, unions representing flight attendants, nurses and teachers criticized the administration on Tuesday for not being forthcoming about what kind of screening and treatment individuals will undergo, and some members of Congress say they’re concerned the efforts could stoke racial discrimination.

Wait. Are you saying that the period of time that the President said that he always knew this was going to be a pandemic he didn’t do anything to prepare for the needs of the nation by alerting private industry to ramp up production of soon to be needed medical supplies, coordinate with the States a cohesive and comprehensive response or engage a task force to predict what barriers there may be to rapid response?

He did none of that?

So weird.

Trump is a failure. Dude is sleeping at Covid-19 meetings now :rofl:

What’s up with that?

4 Likes

My point was her should have locked down all international arrivals.

Doug your staunch defense of Trump is misguided.

1 Like

If only one could start at the end of a war and determine what should have been done every step of the way…after the fact.
The “he should have done this” advice we are getting now is sort of the opposite of the advice then. For example:

Cynic

Jan 24

Sounds like many illnesses that only cause death in those with compromised health… meh

3 Likes

Your skull will crack before the wall does.

1 Like

No
You are assuming CDC doesn’t have access or the pandemic office did. Bad assumption. You are also assuming the CDC doesn’t have intel of their own. #2.

You scream about Trump listening to experts. He did.

Fauci already said it wasn’t a mistake.

3 Likes

No more 100,000 post threads … that’s a shame.

Yep, I was wrong. By February I started really becoming concerned, right about here;

Of course, I am and was not in a position to have the briefings that our government did.

1 Like

Media man bad…

No problem. You can fill him in about what he missed when he wakes up.

Did I say that?

I didnt…

Look at you making up arguments…typical. if you cant play along with what’s typed then dont bother replying to me

1 Like

Did he run out of adderall?

1 Like

Youre attitude of the illness may have changed, but you might have hit on what is turning out to be a fact According to Italy, 99% of those who died of the illness were suffering from other illnesses.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

2 Likes

Interesting, says who?
Is the economy?

Where are you getting that 99% statistic?

See attached article. Bloomberg, which got it from Italy.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

You really cant compare the two countries. There is more unity in South Korea which is a homogenous society like Japan. In the U.S. the country has many identities, interests groups etc… So this is why during a crisis a non homogenous society will obviously decline into panic and chaos faster. The media isn’t helping, and people need to look past the president here they are talking depression that is much worse than the great recession which 10,000,000 people lost their houses.

Listen to the questions they asked during press conferences berating the president for calling a disease which came from China, the Chine Virus. They are fit for nothing except stoking the flames of an already divided nation. If the country does fall, it won’t be pretty everybody will group up based on identity and society will look more like the purge with rampant violence and crime. There is close to 20 million people living here illegally of which even the Obama administration said of the illegals here 1 million had criminal records. The fall will be ugly, learn how to shoot if you don’t know how.

2 Likes

Here is how South Korea did it, with a level of surveillance that very very few would put up with in the west.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/covid-19-coronavirus-south-korea-cases-test-data-surveillance-12559252