Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

I know. That argument is ridiculous. Only people accused of the most heinous of crimes are denied bail.

What is more heinous than killing a Black?
I just saw Bishop Ebeneezer So-And-So say she should have been executed on the spot.

Here are the actual facts of the case as presented in the criminal indictment. When you read them you can easily see how the mistake was made and why this was merely a manslaughter and not a murder.

The officer was getting off duty after a 15 hr shift (sleep deprived now).

She mistakenly drove to the 4th floor of the parking complex which adjoins her building and the floor of her apt.

The floors are identical and she went to the apartment that would be hers if she was on the right floor.

The doors have an electronic keycard access and she inserted her card and the door came open as she pushed with the card. This is because the door was not fully latched having not been completely shut. This makes sense as how else does she get in.

The lights are off and the homeowner hearing noise at the door walks toward the door. Its still dark and the officer sees a silhouette. She stills thinks its her apartment, the lights are off remember,and now thinks someone is in her apartment. She draws her gun and gives commands. The homeowner probably being confused as well doesn’t obey commands. The officer fires.

The officer then turns on the lights and realizes she is in the wrong apartment.

All this is backed up by her call to 911, her demeanor afterwards, etc. She realizes she made a mistake and was very distraught. Obviously not preplanned, obviously not done with malice, obviously a mistake. One that will get her convicted of manslaughter but still a mistake.

She’s not going to have fun in gen pop.

That bright red door mat in front of the apartment is going to give her problems.
There is no way she didn’t see that.
It looks like something they would wave around at a bull fight.

She’s ■■■■■■ is a better word.

She’s a pretty girl. The LGBTQXY cons will move right in on her.

She’s also a cop.

They’ll have to segregate her. Or she will eat a shank.

Looks like a manslaughter case. I’m sympathetic that this lady was mistaken and went into the wrong apartment, but that’s not an excuse to use deadly force. It was his home and he had every right to defend it. It’s a sad situation and not murder but clearly a crime.

That’s not the point. Getting an immediate bail hearing immeduately after being jailed after killing someone.

Ya fir sure I mean walking into someone’s house, killing them, and then the moment you step into a jail a judge is like, mehhh, ■■■■ a hearing you’re good

There are surrounding this case that aren’t being shared on here yet. I’ll give a detailed breakdown of what’s happened to my knowledge so far, with sources in a moment.

Understand me when I say… This is the most disgusting, egregious miscarriage of “justice” I’ve seen in a long time. Dallas PD should be ashamed and has made a clear example of why the blsck community can never trust the police.

Okay, so the first thing to note is Dallas PD repeatedly changing the story on what exactly happened here. The only thing that has remained constant is the “tired cop who came home in full uniform” narrative. Reports have the officer, Amber Guyger working 12, 14, and 15 hours.

It was inigially reported that Guyger "had just finished a 14-hour shift serving warrants in high-crime areas. When she arrived home, she took the elevator to a floor that was not hers. She then went to what she thought was her door, put the key in and struggled with the lock. Guyger then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key when the resident swung open the door and startled her. "

This article was initially reported by NBC5 4 days ago, but the article has since been ‘updated’. I’m sure the cached version is still available, but I’m not familiar with how to retrieve it.

This narrative is in direct contrast with reality. As some have already pointed out, the complex uses electronic keys and locks, similar to hotels. Making it impossible and readily apparent if a tenant is at the wrong door. Residents are on record proving this fact.

What’s more, as others have noted, Botham had a red doormat clearly distinguishing his apartment from others.

DPD released an affadavit today reporting that Guyger inserted the keyfob into the door into, The door, which was slightly ajar prior to Guyger’s arrival, (and) fully opened under the force of the key insertion… the apartment interior was nearly completely dark… Believing she had encountered a burglar… Guyger drew her firearm, gave verbal commands that were ignored by Compliant Jean. As a result, Guyger fired her handgun two times tricking the Compliant one time in the torso.

That’s the narrative so far. I’ll share the procedures that’ve occured on the case next.

If it was a civilian they ass would still be in jail

The previous post is only half the story. We haven’t touched how this case has been handled in the criminal justice system. The shooting occurred within the city of Dallas and thereby under DPD jurisdiction. In fact, it’s only a 4 minute walk away from DPD headquarters, per google maps
https://goo.gl/maps/ejgEj3xcxH82

Despite this fact, DPD deferred the case to the Texas Rangers. Not the baseball team of course, but a statewide law enforcement agency. Chief Hall said in the interest of being as transparent as possible, she has invited the Texas Rangers to take over the investigation. So far, they have drawn the officer’s blood to test for alcohol or drugs and they are in the process of getting a warrant for manslaughter.

Despite deferring on the case, DPD “wanted” a manslaughter charge from the Texas Rangers. Having full agency on the case, the Texas Rangers made a deferral of their own… avoiding avoiding a warrant and arrest altogether and allowing Guyger to go home on the premise of ‘cooperating’. Urging DPD to hold off as well. Guyger was allowed to go home as Botham Jean’s body lays cold on a slab and his family mourns.

City council member and whistleblower Philip T. Kingston set the record straight on what happened here… I’ll allow him to speak for himself in the image below

As of yesterday, Guyger turned herself in-- to Kaufman, a completely different county that’s over 80% white, per census data. Her bond was set at $300,000, she matched the minimum required for release, and was almost immediately released. Jean still hasn’t had a funeral.

Botham Jean was in his home, committing no crime, and yet investigators have filed to search his apartment and, obviously, try to find “dirt”

You can’t possibly expect me or the black community at large to trust police in light of this information.

The only reason she would be denied bail for the crime she is charged with is if she was considered to be a danger to others and/or a flight risk. Apparently the judge found her to be neither. Innocent until proven guilty. You would want the same consideration if you were in her shoes, I’m sure.

You’re not reading what I am saying. I never said anything about being denied bail. I was referring to how quickly bail was granted with a seemingly 0 hearing, virtually immediately after she was taken into custody. Now go ahead and strawman again if you’d like. I’d say someone who doesnt know their own house and kills someone is a danger worth looking at more closely.

If one drinks to the point they’re “extremely drunk”, they should not be a police officer. At. All.

I feel badly for Botham Jean & his family. Officer Guyger apparently shot a subject who took her Taser a few years ago.

She needs to surrender her badge & gun & start fill out applications to be a Mall Cop.

Why do you hate the 8th amendment whose first line talks about bail. She would receive a bail at her arraignment because that is the law and how its ALWAYS done. Making someone sit in jail past arraignment without any sort of bail pronouncement would be in violation of the 8th amendment. They can deny bail if the person is a severe risk to the public or a flight risk but otherwise they MUST give bail because of that ole pesky Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Funny how so many cop haters can’t accept that cops have the same exact rights.

Again. You arent reading what I’m saying.