Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

When a cop (or anyone else for that matter) enters your home unannounced, points a gun at you and gives you orders, you could very likely end up dead if you stick to your right to not obey, as this case so clearly illustrates. I can’t believe you even said that. Surely you know better.

Maybe they didn’t find anything in her apartment to report …

I told you why.

Yes, the victims home was THE crime scene. A crime scene is always searched, processed and cleared ASAP to preserve the evidence, before the search for additional evidence widens. This should not even be an issue of discussion.

Gotta love the smear campaign done here. Oh the poor little officer was confused… She issued commands but he was too high to comply…IN HIS OWN APARTMENT

What changes has she made in her story?
She’s only gone on record once with her version of events. That was in the Sep. 9 Arrest Affidavit. There are plenty of problems with what she claims, but changing her story isn’t one of them.

Consider how much effort is being put into defending, justifying, rationalizing Amber Guyger’s actions.

For those with a similar opinion to yours in regards to leaking the pot news, I have one question because I do not want to disregard this. Could it be that they’re leaking it now because it might not be admissible at the trial? No one’s brought that up but that would make more sense. That would be a legit reason to be upset.

First she said she tried opening the door with her key but it wouldn’t work. Then she said the door was ajar and opened when she put the key in the keyhole. She initially said as she entered the dark apartment, she saw a silhouette of a figure and fired her weapon after he didn’t obey verbal commands. Now we’ve learned that they argued at the front door before she shot him and the lights were on in the apartment. Clearly, you haven’t been paying attention either.

She did not give orders. She did not find the door ajar. She was lying.

he was reading a book and eating dinner.

flip the script and this guy would be looking at death row.

2 Likes

Honestly, if he had shot and killed the police officer for breaking and entering his apartment, he probably would’ve spent the night in jail at the very least.

1 Like

Indeed. and if he had entered the wrong apartment and shot her after not following his commands?

That answer is obvious. He doesn’t have a badge, so his commands don’t imply the use of deadly force if they aren’t obeyed.

I don’t know why the “fact” that she had just come off a long shift relieve any of the guilt of killing an unarmed man in his own home. If long shifts are leading to police officers being equivalent to inebriated by the end of their time on the clock, that’s a systematic problem that needs to be addressed. If you’re even making the argument that her long shift is what led to a person dying, then you need to fix the problem now.

God forbid someone has an interaction with an officer who is only on hour 14 of their 15 hour shift.

1 Like

Been waiting for someone to point that out.

First she said she tried opening the door with her key but it wouldn’t work.
Show a link where she ever said that.

Now we’ve learned that they argued at the front door before she shot him and the lights were on in the apartment.
Show me where she ever said that.

You’re confusing statements that came from her with crap that is being posted on here by people like Native Sun and you.

How do you know that?
They found an unwashed dish on a table and a book. That doesn’t mean he was eating or reading.

They have retrieved the locks and data from her apartment door and the victims apartment door…

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4883698-Scan.html#document

Her story doesn’t involve her apartment, all of the evidence found supports her story that she was on the wrong floor and accidentally entered the wrong apartment. Had she entered her apartment first, then there would be probable cause.

What probable cause is there to search it that you could see to a judge?

This is why the police have been meticulous in noting that she was in full uniform when she came to the apartments. That and the fact that she worked “long hours” have been the only consistent pieces of their story. Her uniform is meant to uphold her authority and exonerate her of wrongdoing (“he ignored verbal commands”) even though she was off the clock.