Conservatives Only Please

This B movie has a sequel? That would be a shame.

I don’t believe we have ever had what I define as a “true” conservative President in my lifetime. But I would offer that Trump is likely the least “conservative” elected by Republicans in my lifetime. For perspective, I would have voted for Goldwater in '64, had I been old enough to have done so. I still largely identify as a Goldwater conservative, for lack of a better definition.

As for current conservatives in the party, one of the few remaining up until recently was Justin Amash. He is as close to a Constitutionalist, small government conservative in DC. But we see how his conservative credentials have been perceived by the party, now that it is the party of Trump.

I voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 Primary. And I wrote-in for the General.

in 2021 the supreme court will be 10-5 liberals after president warren expands the court to 15 and the democratic senate confirms the news justices… Your sacred AR-15’s will be banned. by 2022 planned parenthood will be fully funded, single payer health care will be the law,the super wealthy will be paying for all the excess of the past 30 years and the criminal trump family will be in jail

1 Like

:rofl:

That was awesome. Thank you. lol

1 Like

How did it taste in 2016? You guys knew you had it! :rofl:

Yep, how bout yours in 2018. Nancy would never be speaker again. Paul Ryan forever. lol

That’s what makes politics.

Allan

New Jersey voted for Clinton!

Apples to oranges. Trump didn’t run in 2018 and mid terms almost always go to the party not in the WH.

More seats were lost in 2010 than 2018.

p.s. I couldn’t stand Paul Ryan. Just for the record.

1 Like

Speaks volumes huh? :smile:

And presidential candidates who are leading in the polls on Election Day almost always win.

So you were expecting Nancy to be speaker? As I was.

It’s all about expectations and a completely apples to apples comparison.

Allan

Apples to oranges. The Trump base doesn’t turn out as well when he isn’t on the ticket.

You are going to be devastated in 2020 just like in 2016.

Not even close.

Just like jersey will cast all of its electoral votes for Biden or warren in 2020.

Allan

Lol. Prolly not. As pennsy goes Biden or warren.

And Biden or warren get 320 or so electoral votes.

What is your prediction.

So we can have a good laugh at my expense or yours.

Allan

Jersey is hopeless.

I’m gonna say Trump gets almost the same total as last time.

As is West Virginia and a bunch of other dead red states.

It’s all coming down to the usual suspects

Pennsy
Wisconsin
Michigan
Arizona
Florida.

All those in trump column in 2016.

Allan

So it’s going to be exactly the same as 2016.

Doubtful.

Pennsy 20 going to warren or Biden.

Allan

I think he may just get one of the rust belt this time but that is all he needs if he holds serve elsewhere.

Also i think he may flip one or 2 or the states Hillary got last time.

I agree. He holds WI, and loses MI & PA. Everything else stays the same and he is re-elected.

I disagree. These also hold true to 2016.

Voter turnout in Presidential elections is always higher than it is in the midterm elections. However, midterm voter turnout was very high for Arizona where Sinema ended up defeating McSally for Flake’s Senate seat.