Consensual Petting cost student $12,000

A male and a female student at UC-Davis had consensual sexual contact. Both admitted it was consensual.
The girl filed a complaint because she regretted it later.
It cost the boy $12,000 in legal fees.

Is this going to be a thing? People posting false allegations stories? I might need to start posting forty nine sexual assault cases. You know, just to make the representation accurate.

I would hedge a bet that most people in America feel that those who make false allegations should be punished to the full extent of the law.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a thing or not.
I’ll post one of these if I think it’s noteworthy and I want to post it.
You can post whatever you want.

Who said “It is better 100 guilty persons should escape than that one innocent person should suffer”?

It would be better if Title IX had some type of probable cause hearing or arraignment in front of a REAL judge before this stuff could even get started.

I’d like to see some kind of penalty levied on known false accusers. Maybe getting thrown out of school or being put on a published list of people to stay away from.

If I’m not mistaken, known false accusers usually do get punished.

1 Like

It’s a crime to file a false police report.
One of these Title IX college reports is a different story. It would be up to the school to punish them and I bet they don’t

Or the student can sue for legal costs, obviously this can increase legal costs. Though i am not sure if there is a bar against such law suits.

Sue the girl? She probably doesn’t have anything to sue for. Maybe the school is subject to a suit.

Have the boy contact the White House. The resident is a master at suing people and could be a great resource.

2 Likes

Welp, that proves it now, all sexual assault victims are liars. The evidence is overwhelming.

1 Like

The men here are working really hard to paint women as liars. I always wonder if the women even notice.

1 Like

The only ones I’ve seen say the girl lied were the liberals- you, Cynic and Molly Brown.
The girl said it was consensual. Her story matched the boy’s.
The girl said it was consensual but that she regretted it later. That was her complaint.
She was stupid to file such a complaint.
The school should have dismissed it immediately rather than drag it out for months and force the boy to pay those legal expenses.
It’s odd though that you champions of women would be calling the girl a liar.

I’m having a similar discussion on another board.

The issue is…this isn’t what they think they are doing.

But they don’t understand that by continually posting on the subject of false accusations, which simply do not happen even remotely as frequently as women actually being assaulted do, they are creating a false equivalence between the danger to a male of being falsely accused to the danger of a woman being assaulted.

And that this is incredibly tone-deaf and insulting.

It is not, in fact “a dangerous time to be a young man”. The odds are most young men will NEVER be falsely accused.

This is not saying it doesn’t happen- obviously it does.

Just not enough to raise it to the level of “young men are in danger” chorus.

1 Like

Hey Bill, your OP was devoid of any actual thoughts. What exactly was your point in posting this story, immediately after the Kavanaugh circus, Bill? In no way could this be attempting to cast sexual assaults as beng prevalent with false accusations, right, Bill?

Maybe actually write words that represent your thoughts if you want to guide the conversation, Bill?

Here’s what I posted in the OP, along with a link to the article that explained it in detail.

A male and a female student at UC-Davis had consensual sexual contact. Both admitted it was consensual.
The girl filed a complaint because she regretted it later.
It cost the boy $12,000 in legal fees.

I posted it to show the idiocy of the school.

1 Like

Sure you did Bill. A synopsis is not YOUR thoughts.

I see.
You jumped to the conclusion that the girl lied.

[Cynic]
Welp, that proves it now, all sexual assault victims are liars. The evidence is overwhelming.

We need a Beer Goggles Protection Act to level the field.

Yeah, he spent $12,000 because he wasn’t worried her story was changing from the truth. And you did not post this to cast a negative light on sexual assault accusers. We believe you Bill.