Comparative Hypocrisy H1N1 2009 vs Covid19 in2020

Except it is 1.4 or lower now, not 2. Likely to fall to be on par with the flu before all is said and done.

1 Like

You just claimed I said it was impossible to produce even a single kit more than has been produced.

You knew it wasn’t true when you posted it.

Read your own damned article. They are squalling about a one time appropriation for combating Ebola that passed in 2014 which was about to expire.

1 Like

Increased to 3.4% globally now.

not according to WHO.

1 Like

Might help if you understood what he said, which wasn’t that summer heat would kill the virus but that transmission rates would fall as people spend less time couped up indoors.

No that is not all!

Screenshot_20200303-153454_Chrome|656x500

There is no possibility left that we can have an honest discussion on this forum.

We aren’t global, I was talking about the US. 1.4 was in China, it will be even lower here. First reports out of China had it at two, later reports at 1.4.

from Coronavirus vs the Flu: Are They Different? - The New York Times

The true death rate could turn out to be similar to that of a severe seasonal flu, below 1 percent, according to an editorial published in the journal by Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert R. Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

But by all means, return to your politically based fear mongering.

1 Like

the WHO is fear mongering…gotcha.

and there was no mention in your post about limiting to US only because if we were to consider US only right now the death rate would be about 7% (9 death and 118 confirmed cases)

1 Like

We’ve had 121 confirmed cases in the US.

i quoted his entire post…

1 Like

oops that leads to a brand new number of…about 7%

4 Likes

Umm no it wouldn’t. You can’t go by confirmed cases only, you have to be able to estimate total cases including those not reported, way to early to have anything resembling a valid mortality rate this early. As I linked, experts are predicting, based on their experience, that it will be in the neighborhood of a severe seasonal flu.

ROFL.

so we cant use global numbers, but we cant use only US numbers…

well that makes perfect logical sound sense

And yes, the WHO engages in fear mongering, that is how they pry funds out of nations. But they also concern themselves with the entire globe, which on the whole has much more to fear from this than we do.

No you didn’t, what I said is absolutely accurate and you can’t show anything to the contrary.

We have no reason to believe the same will not be the case for this virus since it spreads by the same means as our typical cold and flu viruses.

You can’t use any of them at this point for a true mortality rate, it’s too early to make that assessment.

If you want to have a decent sample size to draw conclusions from yes.