Comparative Hypocrisy H1N1 2009 vs Covid19 in2020

It spreads in the same way the flu does, that doesn’t mean it is no more severe than the flu.

The same precautions and preventive measures are appropriate for both.

internet warrior with bad google-foo

actual expert recognized by the world over:

It is not yet known

Looking at two other deadly members of the coronavirus family, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), could, Bollyky says, help us understand how COVID-19 may act in the summer heat. “Past coronavirus outbreaks, SARS and MERS, haven’t really exhibited clear evidence of being seasonal,” Bollyky says.”The SARS outbreak did end in July, but it is not clear that weather. MERS does not show any sign of being seasonal.”

everyone say it with me :slight_smile:

Google better

4 Likes

I don’t know how many patients Lifecare had but last I check it was around 25 or so…I believe 6 of them had died.

Would common flu do that?

You would think the person in charge of the situation would know what those measures are and actually follow them himself

Who needs stinking facts when people have feelings?

:rofl:

@WildRose has suggested that it was impossible…IMPOSSIBLE…to have done any better on the test kits. :thinking:

Google or actual medical experts…hmmm…who to believe here?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Frustration over lack of access to coronavirus testing boiled over Tuesday as Trump administration officials sought to reassure skeptical lawmakers the nation will have the capacity for 1 million tests within days.

Now you can’t blame Trump for this…this screw up falls directly on CDC IMO.

Evergreen…hell my state needed them yesterday.

2 Likes

What is it you think your picture is showing?

There is no epidemic in Florida.

True. Its not like Trump has been gutting the CDC and firing those tasked with responding to pandemics. Oh wait he did

@WildRose said that it was impossible to have produced a single additional test kit more than what has already been delivered. How can this be?

1 Like

I chalk this up to unreasonable expectations. It’s a problem of scale and the CDC has limited production capabilities.

Understand fear and frustration but we’ve sent much of our industrial production to China over the last thirty years including an alarming amount of our Bio/Medical/Pharmaceutical production.

Review my thread from a few days ago on the national security reasons for bringing industrial jobs back to the US. This is a perfect example of where that critical industrial capacity is lacking.

This is all magnified by the fact the virus wasn’t even identified and typed until January. We had test kits in production within three weeks but with limited capacity there’s only so many that can be produced quickly.

I said no such thing, stop making up BS.

CDC’s budget has increased under this Administration.

You said it was impossible.

Not possible = impossible.

:rofl:

Spare me the BS…you’re not fooling anyone no matter how many times you post it.

What is untrue about the article?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Obama has just taken office in 2009 when the swine flu broke out. Trump has been in office for three years.

And while it was exceptionally contagious, it had a death rate of 0.02-0.08%.

It was contagious…not virulent.

1 Like

But not the parts of CDC responsible for dealing with global disease outbreaks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/01/cdc-to-cut-by-80-percent-efforts-to-prevent-global-disease-outbreak/

1 Like