Comparative Hypocrisy H1N1 2009 vs Covid19 in2020

Good thing that’s not what happened

You can’t be serious? What experience does Pence have?

No he didn’t. He took the traditional LE approach rather than welcoming the state becoming part of the supply chain.

The arguments over needle exchange programs and providing “safe places” for users to shoot up have been going on for decades and will continue to do so.

He was governor during the SARS outbreak in Indiana.

He can Jesus it away

1 Like

What specific actions did he take as Governor? Anything?

The statement I responded to was that Pence had experience leading teams of experts in such situations. My point was that he ignored the experts. You agree on that point, so let’s agree he is not effective at leading teams of experts.

Whether Pence felt he was right or not is irrelevant to the matter under discussion.

1 Like

I haven’t dug it up. Why don’t you share it with us?

Probably because it’ll soon be spring and the virus will go away in the warmer weather.

1 Like

Post like this is pretty damn stupid IMO…not to mention extremely petty.

1 Like

They don’t know this

That was how he dealt with HIV

1 Like

Trump was slow to react…in the future we need to move just as fast as air travel.

Buying time for experts to understand the strain and design test kits and make a vaccine.

1 Like

But that’s what trump says and he knows more about caronavirus than anyone.

We have every reason to believe that as the weather warms we’ll see it die off pretty quickly as is usually the case with annual respiratory viral outbreaks.

Aww. I’ll turn my sarcasm meter on now

or if we want to be actually factual…we dont…

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

It is not yet known whether weather and temperature impact the spread of COVID-19. Some other viruses, like the common cold and flu, spread more during cold weather months but that does not mean it is impossible to become sick with these viruses during other months. At this time, it is not known whether the spread of COVID-19 will decrease when weather becomes warmer. There is much more to learn about the transmissibility, severity, and other features associated with COVID-19 and investigations are ongoing.

3 Likes

Oops. Pesky facts

3 Likes

And what do you think that shows exactly.

Expected and Known are two different words with completely different meanings.

The viruses spread similarly and the Covid19 is very similar to a number of our normal CV’s that cause the common cold.

It is typical for repsiratory virus outbreaks to wane in the warmer months because people aren’t packed into tiny, tight places face to face and elbow to elbow with other people trying to fight the cold.

They disperse and enjoy the warmer weather which reduces transmission.

As for claiming it’s just like any other flu.

By the end of February, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that at least 32 million cases of the flu were reported in the U.S., resulting in 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths. For the coronavirus, by March 3 the number of confirmed cases in the U.S. had reached 100, including several presumptive positive cases and 24 in repatriated Americans. At least nine COVID-19 patients have died.

Now I believe there is many more that has it but since they screwed up the test kits they’re behind the 8 ball here.

1 Like