Commit a War Crime, Receive a Pardon

Just when I think that I’ve come to grips with Trumps idiocy … he leans over to Pence and says, “Hold my beer.”

President Trump has indicated that he is considering pardons for several American military members accused or convicted of war crimes, including high-profile cases of murder, attempted murder and desecration of a corpse, according to two United States officials.

The officials said that the Trump administration had made expedited requests this week for paperwork needed to pardon the troops on or around Memorial Day.

I’d recommend reading the article as it has information about the individuals who could possibly be pardoned. I fail to see what kind of message these pardons would send. It’s ok to gun down unarmed civilians? It’s ok to urinate on the corpse of your enemy? I don’t get it. Granted, Trump could change his mind, but why is this even a consideration?

Because it makes the libs cry

1 Like

How about a link we can open?

pandering

1 Like

Sorry. NYT link worked for me. Forgot they have the paywall. Here ya go:

I get that mentality, but like … this should make everyone mad. It’s beyond ridiculous. It’s like the Alabama law. It’s really putting pressure on his supporters to embrace something really, really stupid.

1 Like

I’m sure his supporters will find some nugget to excuse this

2 Likes

Put me on the side that won’t make excuses for war crimes.

Thanks. Golsteyn should be pardoned. Gallagher should not. And neither should those Blackwater yahoos.

I don’t know much about the case, but it looks like the dude straight up admitted to the killing.

They violated his rights. They lost their minds.

Gallagher might be insane.

I’ve told you guys before, combat vets are not nice guys.

Ted Baxter is the guy in the Oval Office.

1 Like

Again, I’ll need to read up on the case. But he straight up went on Fox News and admitted he killed the bomb maker. Very strange situation all around.

Y’all should try joining the Army some time. Not only do we get paid to commit war crimes, we get medals and pensions for it! lol

Look at Oliver north…

Good Lord that’s a stupid post.

1 Like

Again, they violated his rights.

I’d have to know more about each case but one of them is for snipers peeing on dead corpses in Afghanistan. Although I may not agree, I surely wouldn’t condemn them to much punishment either. It isn’t right but it also shouldn’t be something that a soldier has to carry with themselves after leaving the battlefield. IMO…this is a “chair time” offense where they get additional schooling and a potential demotion from their superiors. I’d pardon them too.

1 Like

War crimes are no big deal. They do worse to us. Why should America hold itself to a higher standard than the animals we’re fighting?

2 Likes

This seems to track with Trump’s presidency.

1 Like