Colorado Dem Secures Schools

Yeah, let’s just hope they don’t know what goggles are.

1 Like

So how often do you see that?

You’ll see it every time in cases which the perp knows it’s a possibility and knows how to prevent the effects.

This is, “The information age” how long do you think it will take for these nuts to figure out a way around it?

How often will you see it is the question. They’re setting off fire alarms for distractions, it won’t be much of a leap.

Goggles are cheap. Hell at the parts store I manage we sell the paint booth class goggles for 15 dollars.

How about we take the police’s guns then. They already have pepper spray.

Or tactical gear?

You should be made to sit in a corner for a week for posting that nonsense.

Nonsense? If pepper spray isn’t a viable option because of goggles, then perhaps low energy firearms aren’t an option because of tactical gear.

Low energy firearms?

if Holmes had entered that school, even outfitted with “tactical gear”, and someone had engaged him, do you think his emphasis would have shifted from shooting students, to trying to save himself, perhaps with a different outcome?

“Bulletproof” tactical gear if more effective against lower kinetic energy rounds/firearms.

Not if I shoot him in the face.

You want me to carry a 7.62 to a movie theater?

Who knows? If a school security officer or teacher pulled out a 9 mm Glock 26 to go up against a person in full tactical gear with semiautomatic rifles I’m not sure how things would turn out.

Not at all, I just don’t think the idea of pepper spray should be abandoned just because someone could wear goggles.

We know how it will turn out if they don’t pull it.

Ok.

10 cha

I do.

The perp would have been more concerned about not getting shot then he would have been with shooting students.

It’s human nature to not want to be shot, even with a low energy 9mm.

Perhaps. Although a person sick enough to want to commit mass murder might be more concerned with casualty count than personal safety.

My underlying point is that deterrents, including non-lethal/less-lethal, should be considered in the discussion.