CNN story issues scathing indictment of Obama

Well then he’s off the hook. Wouldn’t want the commander in chief to do his duty and defend the nation if someone might say mean things about him.

3 Likes

I would support an investigation into why this was permitted to happen. The biggest problem in all of this, and it blows my mind that conservatives don’t give a ■■■■■ is simply this: RUSSIA MEDDLED IN OUR ELECTIONS! I don’t care whether it materially affected the outcome. I don’t care that we’ve done it before. I don’t care whether it was a Democrat or a Republican president who did not respond forcefully to it. I want it stopped.

2 Likes

Agrre on all points

Whatever, no skin off my back. Pretty sure his fear of being attacked for election meddling was a big factor at the time.

I will say this since we are comparing presidents. Unlike Trump, Obama’s every waking moment was not consumed by attacking his detractors. He actually attempted to govern once in a while.

It is false that President Obama did ‘nothing’ about Russian interference.

If Obama had been more publicly critical of Russia, not to mention the Trump campaign playing footsie with them, many of the same people now pointing fingers at him for not doing enough would have been up in arms claiming he was trying to sway the election for Clinton.

Tell me I’m wrong.

2 Likes

No they didn’t.

I certainly would have.

Key part of the article:

Editor’s Note: Scott Jennings, a CNN contributor, is a former special assistant to President George W. Bush and former campaign adviser to Sen. Mitch McConnell.

So what? Mueller was FBI under Obama. Does that make him a dem?

Shows CNN is taking a stab at being fair and balanced.

In this instance, agreed.

Really? I can’t recall any other President that opened an investigation of the opposition parties Presidential candidate to investigate a crime we now know didn’t exist.

2 Likes

Like I said, God forbid he do his duty if people might say mean things about him.

Doesn’t change a thing.

Always easier after the fact.

Always easier after the fact.

Again…that is not what Mueller concluded.

But you keep telling yourself that.

We’ll see, IG report due out in May or June.