CNN obtains secret Trump-Cohen tape

Earlier tonight, CNN released a roughly minute-long tape of Donald Trump and Michael Cohen talking in 2016 about setting up a company for payments. The tape can be heard at the second link. Note: The tape has a cuss word said by Trump. It is not bleeped here.

Of course, Guiliani is trying to spin this that the tape doesn’t mean anything, but if the “David” mentioned on the tape is David Pecker of AMI, the publisher of the National Enquirer, it would mean they were setting up payments for Trump’s girlfriend Karen McDougal.

Ask me if I care, M. Go ahead ask me.

Lol gutter trash president. Yea GOP!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-of-cohen-tape-suggests-trump-knew-about-models-deal-to-sell-story-of-alleged-affair/2018/07/24/2b7a73c6-8fab-11e8-b769-e3fff17f0689_story.html

Yeah not incriminating enough- but if there are truly a dozen more tapes- it could easily show that Trump was agreeing to a payoff to hush McDougal- definitely defying campaign contribution limits, not to mention being involved in a completely seamy deal to not let citizens know about this before the election. John Edwards comes to mind.

I love what Giuliani says here about it…

“There’s no way that the president is going to be talking about setting up a corporation and then using cash, unless you are a complete idiot,” Giulani told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham. “And the president’s not an idiot.”

Um…

Yeah…he literally says to do this in the tape…but you know…we are idiots

The key piece here is that Cohen is very likely willing to work for the prosecution if/when there is a case. He would provide corroborating testimony about what was discussed on the tapes. That would be very damning.

That may explain why Trump was telling people today not to believe what they read or hear.

1 Like

c’mon are you really going to believe your own ears over what trump said?

Its working well for his base. Not sure how well it will go before a judge.

1 Like

Still super weird that Trump’s legal team waived attorney-client privilege on this. What was the strategy there? The tape is pretty brutal.

You’re confused. That isn’t a tape of Trump, it’s John Miller.

It does sound a little like Dennison, or Miller…

1 Like

The real story is here is the leaks.

No doubt this non-story doesn’t matter. What matters is who leaked it- most likely an Obama campaign operative connected to the DOJ who wants to topple the president by any means necessary. Thats the real story.

1 Like

Man if anyone wants to read the rundown of how this is gonna blow up…take a look here…https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1021944349167427584

1 Like

“all you’ve got to do is delay it”

Interesting thanks. I’ve sure this is a big misunderstanding and Trump will easily clear all this up when he testifies under oath.

Glad I switched parties earlier this year. I’m a Dem now.