CNN, MSNBC now running only taped clips of White House press briefings

This isn’t about negative press.

This is MSNBC and CNN deciding what you get to see, with respect to the messages of Executive branch.

How does that serve you? Are you so willing to let others tell you what is newsworthy?

I prefer to see ALL the presser and then decide for myself what was and what wasn’t important to see, but you feel free to be told.

M

1 Like

NO!! And there is probably more reasons to pull back on coverage of the WH Press room since CNN and MSNBC are literally bleeding viewers. The press was mocking during the campaign and then full blown negative the day after the election. It’s like 93% negative press so you do the math!! The attacks in the MSM media is “historic” worse then Nixon.

What it looks like is they are trying to control what you see. Clearly they will.

You want to cede to them that power? Give them that control over you?

I prefer to hear everything and be the discerning party - not let others decide that for me.

M

No they don’t

How come you didn’t complain about not seeing ALL of Obama’s pressers? Was Fox wrong for filtering them and not showing them in their entirety?

1 Like

Of course they control what is played. It’s a TV channel. How else is it supposed to work?

I thought publishing fake news makes you the enemy of the people, now you want everything to be published.

It seems like there’s no winning with you.

Foxnews was trying to control what you see during Obama’s presidency?

I don’t know what Fox or anyone else did with Obama because I wasn’t interested in seeing Obama’s pressers.

As far as I’m concerned I would have NO PROBLEM with Fox or anyone else showing any Dem president’s full pressers and then let Americans decide if they want to see them.

M

Do you commonly watch MSNBC, if not then this shouldn’t be of any concern to you either.

It’s a 24 hour news network. They LITERALLY need ot find things to cover and are repeating stories all day to fill the time.

A presser in full is always newsworthy, if only for Americans to hear what the Executive Branch is going to do on that day - who’s going where and why, who is visiting the WH, what piece of legislation is being hashed over…

How does that NOT serve you?

M

So, all you’re saying is that you WANT MSNBC and CNN to decide for you what is newsworthy.

Well, if you want to cede that power to them, fell free. I prefer to make that decision for myself.

M

Yet Foxnews didn’t. How come you have a problem with MSNBC controlling what you see but not the actual channel you watch?

I don’t know that they didn’t and you saying they didn’t doesn’t persuade me.

M

No what I’m saying is why lack of consistency?

That you choose to ignore the fact doesn’t make it any less true. Showing pressers in their entirety didn’t happen during Obama’s presidency except for when they were huge news events like when the world most renown terrorist was killed

Because they lie during the presser and that makes it fake news. Now you’re telling the news agencies they HAVE to promote fake news while on the other hand criticizing them for promoting fake news and calling them the enemy of the people.

Boy do you have this wrong.

If the press thinks that the President has told a lie the remedy is to REFUTE him - not try to make sure no one hears him.

This is the problem with the left. They hate free speech and are afraid of free speech. They would rather censor than refute.

The answer to speech you disagree with is MORE speech. It is never to censor.

You want to allow them to censor what you hear.

Not me.

M

Again, I have no reason to take your word for that, but let’s assume that is true.

In the era of Trump they have discovered that there is DEFINITELY an audience for full pressers.

If and when a Dem is elected I believe they will also show his or her full pressers from now on. MSNBC and CNN also saw that there was an audience for full pressers but don’t like that they cannot control the message.

I’ll bet they will show the full pressers of the next Dem, however.

M

Not a good idea.

It will just be fodder for the Trumpian wingers. “WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?”

I love original thinkers.

1 Like