Clueless in Chicago - The Deathhouse Continues Thanks To MSDNC

Wouldn’t be surprised. I have a hard time seeing why the left appears to look at all the murders as collateral damage. Something to just ignore.

I wish.

Chicago has been basically a “Sanctuary City” since the early 80s. The crime wave scare tactic simply is not true. There are problems in Chicago, but it’s not the highest or second highest murder rate in the country, yet it’s constantly dragged out as an indictment of Democratic leadership. I really don’t wonder why that is.

Downward trend since the 80s, then starts to tick up late 2016. I don’t think that has anything to do with the President, by the way.

So if it is not the 1st or 2nd worst it doesn’t matter?

That isn’t my point.

1. It’s not the most extreme example, so why is constantly held up as such?

2. Having a policy of not arresting people at the state level for being undocumented has not been demonstrated to have an effect on the crime rate.

It would have to. If they weren’t allowed to be here they couldn’t commit any crimes.

Send them all(illegals) back.

Trump promised to send in federal assistance if the Chicago situation did not improve. So what is up with that?

But it doesn’t. I’ve provided a convenient mathematical graphical representation of Chicago’s crime rate, which more than encompasses the amount of time they’ve provided “sanctuary”.

And now you’re arguing 3 things at once. Eliminating Sanctuary doesn’t mean sudden 100% deportation for all “illegals”. Eliminating Sanctuary doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to be here.

Human beings are more than props for a fear-mongering culture war.

You are talking to the forum expert on gang violence.

100 percent deportation should be the goal especially for MS 13 members.

Can’t commit crime if you aren’t here.

True.

That’s why MS13 gang members who are not US citizens are specifically targeted for deportation on the basis of their immigration violations, and have been for years.

It is interesting how Trump supporters key on MS-13 because Trump makes a big deal about them. They are such a small percentage of gangs and the gang problem.

I don’t see what one really has to do with the other.

From a public safety and public health standpoint, being a sanctuary city makes more sense.

Look at that, out of control in the 80s and 90s, peaked in the early 90s and then collapsed as the crack epidemic petered out and now its pumping back up now that we’re in another era of rapid change in the drug scene. It’s almost like they’re related.

This is where I’d put the emoji rubbing its chin if I used emoji.

1 Like

This gang crime has gone on long before Chicago was a sanctuary city. Chicago has only legally been a sanctuary city since 2006. Gang crime has been a long standing issue since the early 80s. If not longer.

Not only have conservatives failed to show causation between crime rate and sanctuary city status in Chicago (their premise) but the data doesn’t even show correlation! That’s a big fail on their part!

They should be embarrassed but they lack self awareness.

Should any be acceptable? Really?

Did I say that? Really?

I see that the jokey photo that prompted the line above was removed. The laughter is still there though. Nervous laffter… Whistling past the graveyard kind of laffter from the left.

The kamikaze left fouls it’s own nest. Works against its own interest in it’s singular quest to oust Trump. The left pursues politics like others pursue sports. The team is always right…even in defeat.

How much authority does the President have in this area? Can the executive branch, all on it’s own, simply appoint dozens of federal law enforcement personnel, and provide millions of dollars in equipment and federal funding, to a city, to combat crime?

There are in point of fact millions and millions of dollars in authorized grants laying around the executive branch has total discretion over. I’ll bet there’s already multiple programs that fund the CPD too that could be expanded with already appropriated funds.