Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Well that’s it.

Arrest Joe Biden send him to jail pending trial.

From the article

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., chairman of the House Oversight Committee, told reporters Monday night that the handling of the discovery of classified documents by President Joe Biden’s lawyers that were taken from the White House six years ago is a display of a “two-tier” system of justice.

On Monday, Fox News confirmed that a batch of records from Biden’s time as vice president, including a “small number of documents with classified markings,” were discovered at the Penn Biden Center by the president’s personal attorneys on Nov. 2, according to Richard Saubel, special counsel to the White House.

The attorneys found the documents in a locked closet while preparing to vacate office space at the center, which the president used from mid-2017 until he began the 2020 campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/joe-biden-classified-documents-upenn/index.html

2 Likes

More from the article

“President Biden has stated that taking classified documents from the White House is ‘irresponsible,'” Comer said in a statement. “Under the Biden Administration, the Department of Justice and National Archives have made compliance with the Presidential Records Act a top priority.”

“We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years,” Comer added.

3 Likes

biden declassified them with his mind as he is the current POTUS.

Allan

3 Likes

Just curious…how many subpoenas did Biden ignore to turn over classified material?

I dunno is ignoring a subpoena a crime?
Is ignoring a subpoena the crime Trump is accused of?
Or is the FBI being weaponized and used to prosecute the political enemies of the reigning regime?

3 Likes

As much as you© want this to be the same as what Trump did, it’s not. It’s apples and oranges. Biden’s lawyers self-reported and turned over the material the next day.

True, the only real question I have, is why the National Archives wasn’t looking for them for the last 5 years.

3 Likes

We’ll have to wait and see. I’m thinking it was low level documents. Either way, the situations are very different.

They took classified documents out of the WH
and held it in an unsecure location for 6 years.

It was “an error.”
You know It’s okay to take stuff and hide it as long as you eventually give it back.

“Honest boss I was going to return that electronic equipment to the store shelf in 5-6 years. How n you possibly think I did anything wrong? It’s not like it was state secrets or anything.”

6 Likes

Of course you think that and Trump kept nuclear codes.

5 Likes

Yes.

Trumps failure to fully comply with the July subpoena can definitely be used to support criminal liability under willful retention of government property and classified documents.

If you look up the search warrant from the August execution of the warrant, you can find the federal statutes on which the warrant was based. One of them has to do will willful retention and failure to turn over the items (which were government property) upon demand. Failure to comply with the search warrant is supporting evidence of that willful intent.

WW

1 Like

Really, not in the same universe. Trump was actively handling the documents that were being sought by the national archives.

I once heard of a guy being subpoenaed to testify about something and I don’t think he got 30years in prison or whatever when he refused.

Point being the Trump case is nothing less than law enforcement sifting through the law tor try to find something to prosecuted the political opponents of the stiing regime. It is political persecution. It is Bruma stuff. Banana Republic stuff.

I have a low opinion of Donald Trump but when I worked with Amnesty International. agreeing with a person politics was not a requirement for us to point our an obvious injustice.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering about that too - and with the trump thing. How does it work? How does the archive know what it will receive? How does it know what it doesn’t have?

I could see some documents that are part of every administrations business…call and visitor logs, and stuff like that, where you would know what to expect. And publicly discussed things like the love letters, but there must be thousands of documents they don’t know about until they have them.

Maybe agencies or beuracrats need to access some things in the course of business, and they notify the archive that they are not there?

If trump is charged with a crime - IF - it would be obstruction.

1 Like

Ignoring a subpoena > politcal persecution?

Odd take.

It’s not the subpoena for which he could be prosecuted, it’s the willful retention of government property and national defense information that will be the charge. Failure to comply with the subpoena will be part of the supporting evidence.

I disagree.

If when I retired from the military had taken tens of thousands and hundreds of classified document home with me and refused to surrender them when instructed, I’d be facing decades in prison for the crime.

The FPOTUS being held to the same standard and refusing to surrender them isn’t Banana Republic stuff, it’s the law.

You know, support law and order.

WW

1 Like

Tens of thousand of documents . . . among which a small percentage were classified.

He probably ignored the subpoena because he knew it was a politically motivated attempt to be an ass. Like a married couple having a spat.

2 Likes

Actually this is worse than Trump because Biden doesn’t have Plenary Powers. The world deserves to know what these documents are and if Hunter had made money off them.

3 Likes

VP doesn’t have Plenary powers! This is worse than Trump.

1 Like