Clarence Thomas Has Reportedly Been Accepting Gifts From Republican Megadonor Harlan Crow For Decades—And Never Disclosed It

What did he do?

There is no such thing as “impartiality.” Or “empathy.”

1 Like

How do you know what wealthy people should or shouldn’t do?

Who they haven’t talked to in years and left them at 19 (he’s now in his 30’s).

We blaming guardians now for how someone they raised for a few years turned out? We can go there with someone else’s son to if you want to. In fact, that very person said you can tell your success as a parent if you can realize your kids turned out better than you.

well, in reality, Hunter probably did.

Lol, could be true.

He wouldn’t be on the Court if he was impartial. None of them would.

If Justices were impartial, all rulings would be decided 0-9 or 9-0.

2 Likes

I did not say anything about what wealthy people should or should not do. They are perfectly free to fund amicus briefs in Supreme Court cases. What I was responding to was the claim that Crowe had not business before the court, which is demonstrably false.

Come to think of it, I do know what wealthy people should do.

They should pay their fair share in taxes.

If I were WuWei I would respond, “How do you know what is fair?”

No?

Odd

They do, and then some.

The data don’t support your position but that never seems to be your concern when pushing a point.

Hmm tell us what group pays the bulk of the taxes? Bottom half pays 2.3 percent of Federal taxes. What does top 1% pay? I know I know now you will claim you were not talking about federal taxes.

3 Likes

Being pro or con and supportive thereof regarding a case before the Court is NOT the same as having business before the Court. If Crowe really wanted to influence Thomas’s vote, he would do so privately, not in an amicus brief.

1 Like

They (the top 1%ers) pay 45.8% of the tax. Is that fair?

2 Likes

Ah but it does. Kill your podcast.

equity history ch

■■■■■■■■■ The data shows they earned 26.3% of the AGI and paid 45.8% of the aggregate taxes. That means they pay nearly twice as much tax per dollar earned than you and I do on average.

2 Likes

Data. :heart:

You been had.