Clarence Thomas Has Reportedly Been Accepting Gifts From Republican Megadonor Harlan Crow For Decades—And Never Disclosed It

Seems to me the “experts” at ProPublica, and ProPublica, have found a way to get their 15 minutes of fame.

What a bunch of ■■■■ heads.

1 Like

Conceptually, impeachment. Of course, nothing will happen here.

All those slobbering libs acting like Thomas is the only one. As if they’re not frothing at the mouth thinking about getting rid of that intolerable black guy for a more tolerable one. :wink:

9 Likes

Thomas is black.

as long he knows what a woman is.

2 Likes

High-tech lynching !

1 Like

any dislike of Thomas is racism, at least in part.

acc to the standard now.

2 Likes

Now do Obama!

it all started with him. ‘member?

that’s where the standard was set

1 Like

I outlined the dynamic previously in this thread. Read through it, you’ll see the (D)difference

oh mmkay

Wait, a minute - did this not precede Obama ?

Justice Thomas, 1991 -

And from my standpoint, as a black American, as far as I’m concerned it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. Senate rather than hung from a tree

1 Like

yes. but wasnt quite the standard yet

I don’t know. He definitely played the race card, thus contributing to the standard.

no that was actually racism. he didn’t “race card” his way through life like the left does

I don’t see a direct violation of either the Ethics in Government Act or Judicial Conference regulations, yet.

Obviously, even if legal, this is still ■■■■■■ behavior.

I don’t think Harlan Crow has had any cases before the Supreme Court.

HOWEVER.

If Mr. Crow funded or authored an amicus brief in a case that was accepted by the court and in which Clarence Thomas did not recuse, there could be a legal issue.

At the moment, I don’t see a legal violation or a high crime or misdemeanor.

I do see an excellent reason, however, for changing the law to ban these sort of gifts, even if the giver does not come before the courts. It may be legal. It still looks like ■■■■■

4 Likes

Hah.

Depending on what one’s side of the political aisle happens to be, it’s usually “racism” when it’s beneficial to their side - and it’s “race card” when alleged by the other side.

No, there’s only one dealer of race cards.

There are many. It’s just bad faith accusations which are politically convenient.

No, it’s a left thing.