City of San Jose to Tax Constitutional Right

Which amendment does that? Does it guarantee your right to keep and drive a car?

And exactly how does that relate to taxation to avail yourself of a Constitutional Right that explicitly states, shall not be infringed by the government?

2 Likes

Think of the ramifications if applied to the First Amendment. These people are crazy to think they can get away with it, even in California.

3 Likes

There we go. Or, there you go.

Yes, but not for availing oneself of a Right that is explicitly spelled out in the Constitution.

What would you say if your state imposed a tax on every post you made in this Forum?

2 Likes

The best analogy would be cars . Do car collectors have to insure the cars they collect?

If they don’t drive them, no. What about owning them? Do you have insurance on cars you don’t drive?

2 Likes

Where is the right to own and drive a car guaranteed in the Constitution.

It’s pathetic that we continue to see libs use cars as an example to justify violating the Constitution regarding guns.

2 Likes

I do not have any cars, that i do not drive. Nor do I collect them.

Unless the cars are classified as non-operational, they need insurance.

The 2nd amendment allows for regulations of arms.

We already have some…we just need a few more.

No they don’t.

Just quit. Cars are nothing like guns.

3 Likes

So you want this to be punitive. Thanks.

1 Like

Always going after the ones abiding the law and 99% of the time doing nothing wrong. They should tax the gangs we could all get behind that.

2 Likes

I didn’t have “taxing firearms into oblivion” on my bingo card.

Now you can add it. Make it unaffordable for people to own them. Pay out the nose!

Wonder how much money the criminals who commit acts of violence with firearms will be paying in insurance premiums and registration fees?

I’d like an answer.

1 Like

No it doesn’t.

1 Like

This law is racist.

3 Likes

Sure it does.

In the alternate universe cons have created…I am sure you believe it to be true.

Quote it.