Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine Coronavirus cures?

Tell me…there was a test regarding this drug, initiated in New York and I haven’t heard a thing…yet it’s been over a month? How is it going? What are the findings?

Makes sense. Carry on.

Can you answer my question instead of deflecting?

Study in France and one in China, both show no positive effect of Hydroxychloroquine. Those doctors must be in on the conspiracy to fake lab results and suppress the truth in order to embarrass Donald Trump.

Makes perfect sense.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh…so nothing yet? Why is that? Why is the MSM not covering that? It’s right here and right now? Why is that? Could it be because…no news…is because it’s good news? Is this the force the Texas doctor was referring to?

You’re not very good at deflections. You need to make it smoother and more enticing to respond to your deflection so the person forgets that you failed to answer his question.

Still waiting for your answer to my question.

You…talked about a “conspiracy” and I just gave you evidence that there may be some merit to what she is saying. Sometimes I really wonder about you. I don’t want to deflect. Where’s the media coverage of this yuuuuuuuuuuuge test going on in NY regarding the drugs of this thread?

You haven’t responded directly about the studies I mentioned in Brazil, China and France. Are those doctors in on a conspiracy to suppress truth?

This one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/05/11/hydroxychloroquine-shows-no-benefit-against-coronavirus-in-new-york-study-249429

“All we can do is hope”.

1 Like

Thank you. It appears that they gave this treatment to the worst, of the worst and their findings were the Z-pack alone appears to have the best positive outcome? I found the “limitations” portion of the findings to be the most interesting.

Fourth, the rapidity with which patients entered the ICU and underwent mechanical ventilation, often concurrently with initiating hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, rendered these outcomes unsuitable for efficacy analyses. Fifth, adverse events were collected as having occurred at any point during hospitalization, potentially before drug initiation, although both medications were started on average within 1 day of admission; future studies should examine the onset of these events relative to drug timing. Sixth, it is likely that there is unmeasured residual confounding due to factors not included in the analysis. For the significant associations of hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin vs no drug with cardiac arrest and hydroxychloroquine alone vs azithromycin alone with cardiac arrest, the respective E-values for the lower bound of the OR’s CI of 1.31 and 1.81 suggest factors moderately associated with treatment and cardiac arrest could render these associations nonsignificant.22 Seventh, for the subsample of 211 patients receiving azithromycin alone, the HR point estimate for mortality was 0.56, but the confidence interval crossed 1.0. This suggests the possibility of a true protective association, but it may also represent unmeasured confounding; it may warrant additional study. Eighth, the confidence intervals for some of the findings are wide, reflecting limits in study power for some analyses.

Clinical trials remain needed to provide definitive causal evidence of the effect of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin on mortality, while also providing an opportunity to more finely control baseline patient severity and the dose and timing of drug administration.

That’s fancy language for “the study was inconclusive”.

Which is how good studies are framed.

The problem is laypeople are used to the idea that scientific experiments give a definitive “yes” answer or “no” answer.

They don’t.

The pharmacist should fill the script, it was permitted by the FDA on an off-label indication to be determined by the discretion of the Physician.

Unless there were contraindications due to the patient’s documented existing prescriptions. Such as other meds that prolong QT intervals or an allergy to a similar med.

2 Likes

Not true, they can also prolong life. Those are the two things that indicate treatment, relief of symptoms or prolongation of life.

For instance, you have can an asymptomatic tumor and you treat it to prolong life.

You can have an itchy rash and you treat it for symptoms, despite the fact that it won’t kill you.

2 Likes

Ok. So the study you asked about is inconclusive. I fell for your deflection. Back to my question:

You haven’t responded directly about the studies I mentioned in Brazil, China and France. Are those doctors in on a conspiracy to suppress truth?

That goes without saying. Death is the ultimate symptom.

She said that the pharmacist demanded a diagnosis. Glad we could agree on something.

If you think that physicians are conspiring to keep a potentially helpful drug away from patients because, what, they don’t like Trump? Then I don’t know how I can address your post. That is patently ridiculous on its face.

The NIH has just launched a randomized controlled double blind trial with HCQ in mildly diseased patients, it is enrolling thousands of patients and we should see results this summer. Henry Ford Hospital here in Michigan initiated a trial last month to see if HCQ could prevent transmission in people at risk, such as Hospital staff or public transit workers.

The reason Remdesuvir is indicated is because of an NIH trial, they do it fast and they do it well. We will see the results very soon and I pray HCQ provides benefit. But, until then, we have documented risk with no proof of efficacy, it is not standard of care and that is what we need.

Standard of care.

3 Likes

Retrospective, not prospective nor controlled or blinded.

It showed some promise, but it is not enough.

2 Likes

That is not the pharmacist’s job. We agree on that.

1 Like