Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine Coronavirus cures?

In a month we will be eating crow… or something.

Thanks for making my point.

Leave it to a French study of ? origin.

I notice that you did not acknowledge the two links that I posted as follow-ups that were just hours old …

That is terribly disappointing. But this is why there needs to be extensive studies on these drugs before claiming they can work miracles and give people false hope.

1 Like

But I was told this drug would be the cure!

That seems very unlikely for a drug that has been around for decades. The dangerous side effects and the safe dosage would have been established when the drug was initially approved. The fact that is being used to treat a different illness that it was approved for wouldn’t change that.

1 Like

Haven’t had a chance to yet Samm…I will get to them. Busy day…I have had 5 meetings today from home. This is the first time I have really had a chance other than to answer some posts here. But I will look at the. I am very interested. Not blowing them off.

Yes the drug wasn’t made to treat this virus meaning the dosage you would need for it to treat another illness wouldn’t be within the guidelines.

No you weren’t. Nobody … not even Trump … has claimed it is a cure.

2 Likes

“I think it’s going to be very promising. It could be a game-changer,” he said. “And maybe not. Based on what I see, it could be a game-changer. They’re very powerful.”

wasn’t really a game-changer was it.

You are confusing efficacy with side effects. The efficacy with COVID-19 is unknown, but the side effects of the drug in patients are well known.

I don’t see the word “cure” there.

Any drug that speeds recovery and reduces the chances of a pneumonial condition setting in, is a valuable tool. It would be comparable to Tamaflu … it doesn’t cure the Flu, it reduces the severity and duration of the illness and gives the body’s immune system the opportunity to fight the virus.

2 Likes

So you’re a clinical trials expert now?

Good to know…lol.

That’s disappointing.

I’m holding out hope that maybe it works if you take it at an earlier stage. I hope someone can get around to testing that.

Did you happen to glance at the title of this thread?

Did you happen to see the question mark at the end?

Never said I was. But I took it for Malaria years ago.

Yes. Chloroquine dose for malaria is 300 mg a week. Studies using it for COVID-19 are giving up to 1000-1200 mg a day. Big difference.

Edit: That’s the prophylaxis malaria dose, to avoid confusion.

Edit 2: Chloroquine dosing for different indications.

1 Like

Hey come on now. Nobody promoted it as a cure, just as a game changing Magic Pill.

2 Likes