China threatens US over trade war

Mountain Pass Mine is sitting ready to roll, Cali has your back.

Like the other side of the pillow!

California? LOL!

Like I said, several years. They would fight it tooth and nail.

At least have a clue on the subject…

See that red part called the “Mountain Pass Era”… use your head now.

Can they provide 80 percent of our needs virtually overnight?

Yes, they can. But we wouldn’t even need that much.

I will have to look into that then. I’m sure you understand my skepticism. I may not know the situation on the ground there but I do know a thing or two about industrial scale operations.

Mountain Pass was the worlds largest RE mine before it was shuttered by the oil companies that owned it, It wasn’t worth their time. It was rebuilt, re-permitted, expanded, and refinanced; fully operating as of 2018.

In 2008, remaining reserves using a 5% cutoff grade were estimated to exceed 20 million tons of ore that averages 8.9% rare-earth oxides.

People like to mock California as we sit here leading the nations economy.

I don’t mock their economy. :blush:

I do get after them sometimes when I think they are over reacting to something tho.

So how do I respond to such an obviously superior intellect??

hmmm.???

I could simply ignore the response. But then the superior intellect might conclude he has successfully shut me down. We can’t have that now can we.

I could elaborate on some of the points I made, but given that the superior intellect would quickly shut them down, because after all I am just a simple Trump-supporting hick.

Or maybe I could trade insults with this superior intellect. It is obvious he is a legend in his own mind, believing he is all knowing.

hmmmmmmm???

How do I respond?

Yep, they counting on democrats do their bidding for em. After all democrats and China goverment share the same values.

Are we the enemy of the people now too? When does the internment start?

What values are those?

Yeah, sure, why not.

LOLOLOL with Donny Demento calling the shots?

Hilarious!!!

When all else fails there’s the comfort of retreating into “libs r bad” affirmations.

2 Likes

Not a superior intellect.

Just superior to some.

Not hard when your scintillating China insight was “Dems easy to put over barrel…Trump too tuff for us”.

It’s just one of those things that’s frustrating. How do you deal with China to make them change their practices? The ■■■■■■■ TPP!!

Obama’s apology tour sums it up nicely. With his tour, Obama abdicated U.S. leadership and our adversaries were more than happy to step into that leadership void.

1 Like

Trump is the bull in a china shop. One doesn’t begin cleaning up the debris until the bull has been removed. In this case, Trump is upsetting the status quo. If Trump is defeated in 2020, the status quo returns. If Trump wins in 2020, China has to decide what they will do. While they might be able to tread water for 18 months, my bet is they won’t be able to do so for another 5 and a half years.

1 Like