China targets $81B of US goods for tariff retaliation

China is not stupid, they’ll wait it out until after the elections this Nov.

i’m actually for a better deal regarding trade with China. here’s how it should have started a year and a half ago.

“Hello Mr. Chinese President. This is President Trump. Let’s talk about trade…”

but, acting like an adult is too much to ask. just ask LeBron.

2 Likes

Do you need a quality driver to take you places?

Forget it you are not really serious about solutions or improvements you just want to whine and complain about foreigners.

China is a problem and it’s that simple. They must be dealt with and no other President has been willing to do so.

Again all you are displaying is ignorance. Obama tried tariffs too and all it did was drive up prices and cost jobs.

TPP was being negotiated to deal with how China deals economically and with trade as well as intellectual property.

Instead of being able to explain why it is bad Trump and his supporters just fling poo and scream.

You know what I like about real conservatives that post here versus Trump Republicans. The real conservatives can have fact based discussions.

I’m too tired and lazy now after another challenging week stimulating the American economy. I’d rather come in here and be entertained by you calling me ignorant.

So you got nothing to back up anything you say.

…nothing except a July financial statement.

Which shows a growing trade deficit.

Indeed.

From OP article.

China’s new threat targeting a smaller amount of US goods reflects the fact that Beijing is running out of products for retaliation due to its lopsided trade balance with the United States.

of course they do, China is still communist

pssst… that is how is started.

No it didn’t the first thing was scrap trade talks like TPP.

I bet all you guys complaining have no idea how TPP was changing NAFTA either.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/trump-tpp-free-trade-deal-obama-renegotiate-nafta-214874

try replying to the post i actually replied to. had nothing to do with tpp.

I concur what the chinese do with IP and such is an issue.

But the main reason we initially stated outsourcing manufacturing to Asia and beyond, was to increase profits for companies. When CEO’s salary was tied to the stock price, CEO’s had to find new ways to cut costs, as it was in their financial interest to do so. Companies were proficable before this change in CEO pay, but more profits created tremendous wealth for CEO’s and other board members.

This is conservative economic policy. They created it, and the wealthy have increasingly became tremendously wealty.

But, go ahead and blame unions, or regulations, or any other deflection.

Remember the conservative mantra of the 80’s, Greed is good.

Well…here you go. Own it.

Yes it did since that was the means to talk trade.

Then why so many lbs against Trump then?

Seems to me libs should support em unless they support the rich CEO’s.

Because Trump is not actually helping. He is just costing Farmers money raising prices for consumers and alienating every other country that the US does trade with.

At this point, I’m wondering how long it will take the next president to fix this mess - assuming it can be fixed.