China’s the biggest US enemy says Wray

Now that over a year has gone by since this thread was originated, is there anyone now…who doesn’t understand that China is the biggest threat to the US?

Think about the media and how they used the words, “China virus” when first describing the corona virus. They since changed the phrasing and lambasted President Trump for saying it. Why? Does China have an influence on our media?

China lied and has done everything possible to cover up this virus and only until they couldn’t, did they come partially clean? Does anybody believe they’re presently telling the truth?

China has their tentacles throughout the US from the NBA to DC real estate. They’ve stolen our intellectual property and now with 5G technology being so heavily promoted throughout the world…and it’s proven that initially, there was a back door designed with in this technology…allowing them to spy on the users…can we all agree that China, by far, is the biggest threat to the US and our way of life?

2 Likes

Read back through this thread and it’s very telling as to just how naive “we” are. Some very intelligent people, have made some very ignorant observations and I believe it represents quite clearly…where “we” are regarding this subject.

1 Like

China has biological weapons. They seem quite effective. Chinese money has seduced and captured control of much of the world’s industry, information technology, entertainment industry, higher education and news media. So they have a strong footing in any economic war, biological war, information and propaganda war.

If we don’t learn this from today’s issues, we’ll never learn it.

Everyone has always been in agreement that China is one of our global rivals.

No one has ever said differently.

Where there have been disagreements it’s been the most effective ways to handle them.

Trump did not come on the scene with some new insight that China was an enemy that we had been sleeping on until now.

And his method for dealing with the problem was IMO the absolute wrong way to go about it. Trade wars are almost always stupid. But they’re easy to initiate and from an optics perspective give off the illusion that “something is being done”, so I get the allure to Trump and his base.

The reason we can’t have good debates here is because people continually want to misframe what the actual argument is about.

A big beautiful piece of chocolate cake is the way to go.

I concur with this. Being a superpower nowadays is pretty much economics. We have sold out our country to corporations who have no loyalty. They are loyal to their CEOs and stockholders. The politicians are for sale now so more then ever with citizens united. The supreme court is almost a rubber stamp for the corporations even know the word is never mentioned once in the constitution. Even our bloated military is basically just a mercenary force. The chinese dont even need a giant military because they can just buy their influence without even setting one soldier anywhere. Africa, south america etc. Its a little late to turn back now. We dug our own grave and partisanship was the final nail. Worse they convince half the country they are true Patriots for supporting all of this.

Decoupling from China wouldn’t happen organically. Tariffs would be the most effective measure short of a China born pandemic.

No one was calling for it to happen organically.

Tarriff wars are stupid at this stage of our economic development.

But as I said they are easy to initiate and look like something is happening.

For all the damage done in the trade war, Trump got almost no concessions worth much from the Chinese.

The reward was nowhere close to the cost.

The worst part of all of this is (and I made a post about it in January, I believe), coronavirus was Trump’s big chance to get some real leverage over China…and then the West’s abysmal response to the virus spreading to their shores tossed that into the dumpster.

Why? How?

iPhones should cost $3k if they come from China. If they whittle that down to $2k from here or another supplier, I can live with that.

Joe Biden said different. “No threat.” “Nice people.” Of course, they did give his son 1.5 billion to play with. But notwithstanding, China would have no influence over him if he became president.

I thought we reached the conclusion that doesnt matter?

And Bloomberg, who has massive business interests in China, thinks China is great. He’s giving Biden’s campaign big bucks. Notwithstanding, he won’t influence Biden either.

What of our current presidents global interests?

Yeah, Trump is so clearly in China’s pocket. :rofl:

Anywhere else?

What about

Just a hypocrisy test that’s all

1 Like

Decouple!

1 Like