China’s the biggest US enemy says Wray

One of things I find funny is people who have been paying attention knew China has planned all along to replace the US as a superpower. They have been open about it.

The problem is many in the US do not understand how to combat this outside of protecting Intellectual property. The more influence you guys lose the weaker you become.

Eh… Mostly.

When they are combined Germany, France, and the UK are just as influential.

Russia has 1500 nuclear warheads aimed primarily at US targets.

They are certainly a bigger threat than China if we are talking about a war.

There’s room for two super powers.

The 21st century will be dominated economically by the United States and the PRC. I would have included the EU as well but considering the situation there I’m not sure the EU will exist in 20 years.

They will not use them. MAD assured that.

Russia instead goes with a propaganda war inserting itself in the political process.

No one wants to share power. Thirst for power and greed always prevents that.

I’m not worried about them intentionally using them. I’m worried about an accident. Or a conventional conflict that spirals to the point of no return. Both Russia and the US have a breaking point.

All true but that applies only if one side is dramatically more powerful than the other.

The US and China will reach military parity in about 20 years. Much how the US and the USSR had military parity.

After watching the US for the last couple of decades you guys are doing more to destroy your selves. Other countries just have to sit and wait and take advantage of your greed pride and your divisions.

Obviously China is the biggest threat they are holding a big portion of our foreign debt, and could care less about intellectual property rights. There economy is second only to the U.S.

Russia is ranked 13 in gdp there below Italy and South Korea.

Google “Made in China 2025”.

That’s funny.

And why is China holding so much debt?

Because you guys cut taxes and started wars at the same time.

Instead of taxes being spending too many want taxes cut.

I can understand borrowing during a crisis or if the borrowing will result in more money for the government in the future.

In fact now the situation is worse. Instead of raising taxes while the economy is good they cut it causing things to heat up meaning the fed has to raise rates to keep things in check.

Imagine if the government had taken the money that will be going to banks and such through increasing interest rates and increased taxes to keep the economy in check and instead paid down the debt.

Hm. I thought libs were the greatest enemy to America? Did Wray not get the memo? I’m confuzed. You Trumpists are gonna hafta update the rest of American on who we should be mad at. Maybe we can call it the Daily Hate or something catchy like that.

I agree that China is the biggest threat, but ranking the threats isn’t useful.

They would be buying our debt regardless of what the taxrate is. They buy U.S. treasuries just like Japan does, another country we are indebted to.

Now if you want to pass blame around you could say we shouldn’t lower taxes, but that’s only half of the story. According to the non partisan group Simpson-Bowles that was authorized under Obama to find out how to cut the national debt.

They come out with two findings A. Massively cut spending B. Raise taxes… After releasing their findings they were quietly sent away, and not listened to as the debt continues upwards.

So a bipartisan approach would be cut entitlements, military spending, and raise taxes according to Simpson-Bowles.

dantes, you are neither right nor wrong. Libs LOVE China, but HATE the Chinese. They are aren’t dark enough.

What the hell is wrong with you?

1 Like

Cmon. We need a threatdown.

it’s actually the same ole same ole.

If you are not selling off treasuries to cover your expenses at such a large pace it is not a problem. I am not suggesting a massive tax increase and I have always been a supportive of means testing.