China is becoming a Huge Military Threat

220px-Wisconsin_Shoots

The first time I watched a coordinated airstrike unfold did it for me, though even that was microscopic compared to the joint military exercises I was a part of in Kazakhstan. Seeing somewhere turn into nowhere in person is a psychedelic experience.

Btw, keep an eye out, people are starting to catch on to the fact that we accumulate more brain damage over time from our munitions simply firing than a single IED blast (in most cases).

The simple fact is that ragtag insurgents organized into four man cells using artillery shells as roadside bombs, burner phones and kids strapped with dynamite have a better chance of beating us than any conventional military in a stand up fight because in the former theyā€™re draining our political will for overseas wars on the news and we donā€™t have much.

Persians and Arabs use $30 bombs to cause $250,000 in damage to an armored MRAP, and in most cases, live to fight another day.

Conventional armies commit suicide and throw away every resource they have by declaring formal war against us. I never forgot about the 20,000+ U.S. casualty estimates on CNN leading up to Desert Storm. 99 hours later, it was damn near a legit genocide on the ā€œworldā€™s 4th largest army.ā€

Itā€™s all been insurgent-style attacks since.

3 Likes

I know itā€™s about Carrier groups, but you forget those ā€˜ā€˜groupsā€™ā€™ are within range of lots of based forces, most likely overwhelming forces. I seriously doubt the naval commander will risk that match.

Now, once you expand the conflict beyond these parameters, the whole game changes.

No they arenā€™t. Usually they are deployed at a safe distance and when they arenā€™t they are more than capable of defending themselves against any conventional threat.

Yeah, but Iā€™ll put what ever I got up against what ever you got. You even been in serious combat, I mean beyond Granada or Panama?

ā€œWhat in the literal hell?ā€
Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz, Baron

1 Like

There sure a lot of ā€œofficersā€ in here with war expertise lately, huh? Laaaaaaame. lol

1 Like

No. Iā€™ve never done anything or been anywhere. I am nobody and I come from nowhere.

I canā€™t even play Call of Duty I, much less Black Ops.

I do know how to spell Grenada though.

3 Likes

Well, weā€™ve been at relative peace for a while, they probably figure itā€™s safe now.

1 Like

Carrier group can approach just about any angleā€¦while those land bases are known,

Theyā€™ll get a pass. It for the left reasons.

Yeah, that kind of went out in WWll

Sounds like ā€œgrave dangerā€. Is there any other kind?

Beyond what parameters Master Tzu? The ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ocean?

Good point, if we try to use a carrier group on dry land, theyā€™ll probably beat us.

Iā€™m guessing Fortnite?

1 Like

Then why do you push I donā€™t have your background?

Has it?

We have no idea what our Navy has up their sleeve.

Isnā€™t it obvious?

1 Like

IMO I just donā€™t like the idea of underestimating our potential foes.

Of course Iā€™m fully confident that we would emerge victorious.

Iā€™m just worried that the casualties, on both sides, would be pretty awful. Like Korean War bad.

Itā€™s ok here. Out there, youā€™re right. There isnā€™t going to be any war with China.