China is becoming a Huge Military Threat

If you’re not too old to volunteer, you should join the Army and see for yourself. :hugs:

1 Like

The little piddling conflicts in the Mideast are entirely irrelevant to understanding a war with China.

1 Like

You probably don’t know this, but the US military is built for a war like China would be. Might want to look at Desert Storm for a small taste.

Probably doesn’t come up much on Call of Duty 4.

1 Like

All we did was clinch a fist at Iraq in 1991, much less take a glove off.

GWoT is all open-hand slaps.

2 Likes

I don’t want to mess with a single AC 130, much less a carrier group.

You should go back and read where this started before you jump into something you don’t understand.

Now, a multinational live fire exercise?

1 Like

BTW, arrogance can be painful, even for the United States.

From the Army Navy Game program for November 29, 1941.

The caption next to the bow on photo of the USS Arizona states, “A bow on view of the U.S.S. Arizona as she plows into a huge swell. It is significant that despite the claims of air enthusiasts no battleship has yet been sunk by bombs.”

Nine days later, the USS Arizona was blown to bits and the Age of the Battleship was over forever.

Yes, arrogance can be quite painful.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I did read it. You’re still wrong.

What do you know about war?

You must have been an enlisted.

:rofl: another lost “LT.”

1 Like

And think, who ever wrote that never realize the end of the era the battleship was upon them. They’d only be made for another 3-31/2 years.

Primarily because they were already under construction. The last two of the Iowa class were cancelled and the entire Montana class were cancelled, to devote resources to Aircraft Carriers.

Battleships did play a significant SUPPORTING role during World War II, but they never again would take the central role.

Only the British completed a Battleship after World War II and basically served as a yacht for King George VI, before going to early decommissioning and scrapping as useless for any military purpose.

The United States kept the four Iowa’s around for decades, but mostly as floating phallus’s.

That part of the navy died hard. :wink:

Carrier groups. A single US carrier group is more powerful than 99% of the world’s navies. Arm half a dozen boomers-ballistic missile subs-with antiship missiles or what have you and boom. Game over.

There may come a day when hypersonic missiles and drones change the game entirely but that day is not today.

This is why we need satellites with frickin’ laser beams attached to their foreheads.

I have to admit it took a couple posters who are in this thread and one who isn’t for me to go find out exactly how powerful the US military really is and it’s truly next level bonkers. Totally ludicrous.

So nothing.

Call of Duty 4 rank.

Thing is, the current versions of revolutionary technology like WW2 air power are network-centric warfare and control of space and on both fronts the US military is a thousand miles ahead of its competitors.