China becoming the new humanitarian force in the world

What makes it far better is when someone can demonstrate the soundness of an opinion.

What’s worse is the constant confusion between fact and opinion.

Obviously some people gained from it.

How was it in our best interests to export millions of good paying jobs to China?

How was it in our best interests to continue a war in Afghanistan for almost two decades?

How was it in our best interests to ignore our own hemisphere for fifty years while extending our military might around the rest of the world?

How was it in our best interests to export our missile technology to China?

Explain in detail please.

We get cheap goods.

Military contracts.

Military contracts plus flexing our muscles.

Got something for it.

“started righting for the country”? Withdrawing funding for the WHO is self-defeating and is not in the long-term interest of USA. Similarly, reducing foreign aid is self-defeating and is counter-productive.

Reducing the amount of foreign aid funds that get delivered to crooks to administer is a good thing though, eh?

Not the first “ill informed” decision “Dr.Tedros” has made! Robert Mugabe removed as WHO goodwill ambassador after outcry | Robert Mugabe | The Guardian

In whose reality would it make any sense to appoint the late Robert Mugabe as a goodwill ambassador? And before anyone says anything I get that the appointment was made before he died.

We can expect WHO to have new leadership in the not too distance future. I do not think it is a corrupt organization but more it suffers from terrible leadership.

1 Like

They can still live the high life, just not on our dime.

1 Like

That’s not true.

2 Likes

I disagree. Not best for Americans…but best for selected few.

1 Like

The WHO helped facilitate the spread of the Chinese virus!
Fixed it

No such disease exists.

Your source?

Disagree all you want, its not going to change my mind.

It was not in our best interest to save in England and France in WWII. We could have very easily traded with Germany.

It was not in our best interest to cover the French retreat from Indochina.

Both of those are arguable. WWII allowed the US to consolidate its position as a global superpower.

If you believe the reasons why we went into Indochina it was to stop communism from spreading around the globe.

We can sit here all day and go back and forth. Ultimately you will have your opinion and I will have mine.

Ultimately you will be wrong.

“We”?

Germany declared war on us days after we were attacked by Japan, so it absolutely was in our best interests to “save” England and France.

We could have “easily” traded with Nazi Germany? Really? :roll_eyes:

After we spent how long lend leasing to england?

Yes, very easily.