Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship, Trump administration says

That should really help retention…

https://taskandpurpose.com/military-children-born-abroad-citizenship

2 Likes

Fat donald loves the military!

This will be struck down by the courts. What I’m wondering is, why does fat donald enjoy wasting people’s time with this crap?

i was just going to post this

just another ■■■■ you to people by the criminal in the white house.

i hope thar after 2020 when the dems take over that every person in the trump administration is ostracized by society.
they need to wear their support of trump as a scarlet letter

6 Likes

My guess is that Trump doesn’t have a clue what Stephen Miller is doing.
There is going to be a load of crap that is going to have to be cleaned up after these fools are gone.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, what could possibly be the end game for trying to implement this garbage?

This one he can’t do. This one would require a change in law.

Another ‘‘parting’’ shot at John McCain.

1 Like

The gig is up.

Diping toes to see how to get rid of birthright citizenship I’m guessing.

Yep, McCain was born in Panama. Direct shot at a dead man.

what a petty pile of ■■■■■

This is fine

https://twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/1166814503247523840?s=19

Any current or ex-gov’t employees (including military) OK with this?

the actual memo

Effective October 29, 2019, children residing abroad with their U.S. citizen parents who are U.S. government employees or members of the U.S. armed forces stationed abroad are not considered to be residing in the United States for acquisition of citizenship. Similarly, leave taken in the United States while stationed abroad is not considered residing in the United States even if the person is staying in property he or she owns. Therefore, U.S. citizen parents who are residing outside the United States with children who are not U.S. citizens should apply for U.S. citizenship on behalf of their children under INA 3228, and must complete the process before the child’s 18th birthday.9 The child of a member of the U.S. armed forces accompanying his or her parent abroad on official orders may be eligible to complete all aspects of the naturalization proceedings abroad. This includes interviews, filings, oaths, ceremonies, or other proceedings relating to naturalization.10 Applications filed on or after October 29, 2019 are subject to this policy. The policy in place before October 29, 2019 applies to applications filed before that date. Children who have already been recognized through the issuance of a Certificate of Citizenship as having acquired U.S. citizenship under INA 320 are not affected by this policy change.

Stephen Miller has a hair up his butt to stop all of the evil brown people from getting into our country.
He convinced Trump to give him the decision making power and Trump did it.
The Democrats have tried multiple times to get Miller in front of oversight committees with no luck.
And until the Republicans on the hill stand up and be counted, this kind of ■■■■ will continue.

So… let me make sure I have this straight.

Let’s say a servicemember is stationed in Germany, with his wife. They go back to their home in the US on leave, and while there, the wife gives birth.

That child is not a citizen?

This doesn’t feel like a “this is a bad thing” post. It feels like a “technically illegal” post.

12 Likes

Look what you have wrought.

Mother of god he did it…the crazy bastard did it