Child Saves Mother

Yeah, a knife could have worked. I’m just wondering if that gun is always out in the open with a 5 yo around. Glad it was in this case though.

Nothing said the gun was out in the open.

I can envision several scenarios in which the child had access to the gun at the moment, but not routinely. Can you?

She may have been expecting trouble and she had it out but was distracted or he knocked it out of her hands?

I guess I assumed.

That would be my surmise.

1 Like

Clearly she would be dead if we had universal background checks and an “assault weapon” ban in place in this country.

Thank you for protecting us gun huggers!!

We do have universal background checks. Everyone in the universe who buys a gun from a dealer has to have a bgc.

You don’t have to prove it all the time Sneaky.

Apparently you do.

In general, you are right, but it’s not good for a 5 year old to stand by helplessly as they watch their father kill their mother either.

Gone off the emotional cliff again I see.

I hope your day is going well Sammy.

Better than yours obviously.

That’s a captain obvious observation.

Then why didn’t you see it?

It’s the point of the thread, why can’t you simply address it?

Well you’re right, it’s far from the first time a young child was able to stop a crime in progress by getting access to a firearms.

I did.

Actylyallt, i only said I was “wondering” so I actually wasn’t assuming

I’m glad it happened this way. I just worry about the irresponsible type of gun owner who leave guns out where children can grab them. Not saying that’s what happened here though because I just don’t know

Good for the kid. Too bad mom didn’t aim for the chest area, and maybe this lacking in boundaries sperm donor would no longer be a threat to the family at all.

On another note, the linked article lists four kids. For the life of me, I don’t understand continuing to bear children in a relationship that most likely proved dysbunctional long before the family was this size.