Chiefs Fans Tell Kansas City Chiefs to GET LOST!

I doubt they’ll put an NFL team in London. Flight times are too long. But especially a team with Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Denver in their division.

San Diego isn’t an option either. Isn’t the reason the Chargers are no longer there because they were denied a new stadium? No free ride there either.

The Green Bay Packers stadium is what ALL stadiums should be. A no frills open air stadium.

I would love nothing better than to knock down every last Taj Mahal stadium in the country and replace them with a duplicate of Lambeau Field.

I could go with that.

Some of the best classic football videos are games played in snow and ice, or mud, etc.

So why wouldn’t this idea fly?

Maybe the top reason is that a Superbowl would never get played in a stadium that could potentially have a snowbowl Super Bowl.

Another reason: Player safety.

Another reason: Glitz. Money. Branding. Marketing. It’s no longer just about the game. It’s about the money. In the end, all the money comes from the consumer. KC ownership is just hunting for the set of consumers willing to fork over the most.

Meh…I don’t care if they turn them into gold plated temples to the religion of sport so long as public money isn’t spent

That’s what I was thinking. Publicly funded stadiums should look like Lambeau, privately funded stadiums can have solid gold Trump toilets.

1 Like

Now Indianapolis is trying to get a MLS team. Of course this requires a publicly funded and supported soccer stadium :person_facepalming:.

The city has walked away from a deal to build Indy Eleven a new stadium which was also fraught with issues.

I have been to a few Indy Eleven games and the attendance has always been pretty dismal granted they are not a MLS team but I do not see that making much of a difference.

Wont be long before the Colts are to threatening to leave Indy unless they get a new new stadium.

Kansas City, Kansas are trying to lure the Chiefs to play there with a new domed stadium.

I hope the Chiefs stay at Arrowhead. Plus, the team playing it’s home games at a dome is weird.

No football should be played in domed stadiums. Buy hey, from what I heard, the location would benefit more Chiefs fans.

Parking would be way easier and traffic wouldn’t congest the inner city.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/sports-are-great-stadium-subsidies-stink

For anybody that is interested, another very good article from Cato as to why we should not be subsidizing sports stadiums.

1 Like

Indianapolis now wants to support bringing a MLS team to the city using … you guessed it public money.

Well, if you don’t mind the entire NFL being owned by Walmart…

I don’t get what you mean by that.

The only people with the actual money to build stadiums are all Walmart heirs. :wink:

1 Like