Chiefs Fans Tell Kansas City Chiefs to GET LOST!

I hope you’re right.

There is a very strong consensus that communities as a whole do NOT benefit from stadium subsidies, 86% of economists concur they are of little value.

Now that the Chiefs will be moving, where should they go?

Austin?
San Antonio?
San Diego?
Portland?

The Kansas side of Kansas City?

Man, this failed tax increase really has you triggered!

1 Like

London?

Maybe both the Chiefs and Jaguars can call London home.

1 Like

DAMN RIGHT! :rage:

Things will be much easier and relaxing if the tax increase was approved!

Thanks a lot, ungrateful Chiefs fans! :imp:

Was the vote only open to Chiefs fans, or everyone that lived there? Not everyone takes sports seriously. Not everyone are Chiefs fans. I would imagine that’s where the no votes are coming from.

Even if I were a Chiefs fan and lived there, I would have voted no.

Tax-funded stadiums are a financial loser for the host city in almost all cases.

Chiefs stadium (and Royals stadium) are in a tremendous location. I’ve been there. Easy to drive to. Easy to get out. Close-in parking. Couldn’t ask for better on that front. The plan was to move it downtown. That would be a nightmare for arriving and leaving.

I would probably vote no as well. I’m not helping fund a billionaire’s project and then pay to park there. But I would imagine if only Chiefs fans voted, the majority would vote yes. Unless they had to fund it by themselves.

I would have voted yes, of course.

As I said before, I rather pay a tax increase than losing a team. Call me crazy!

Maybe, but I also believed the majority are fans who don’t believe any tax money should fund renovations, for which they’re clearly wrong.

If you just say renovations without being specific, sure. But if you’re asking your average person if they’ll help pay to renovate a billionaire’s stadium, that will strike a nerve. What’s next, just 10 cents higher gas tax to pay for the players? Why not?

If I was an owner of an NFL team and my stadium was paid for by the taxpayer, I’d be laughing at you.

I still doubt the team will actually move, but now the owners are floating statements that they might.

If they do, good luck to that city. I still stand by my first post in the thread:

I saw or read a story that it would actually benefit most Chiefs fans if they just relocated across the river in Kansas. The fans won’t care. You think they’ll be bummed out because they’re not in Missouri? Not a chance.

No one wants to pay for a billionaire’s renovations. Or at least have the common decency to give something in return like free parking at the stadium. Nope. Maybe the fans should pay for the players too with a gas tax.

Funny thing about moving to the Kansas side…

For years the two sides of Kansas City were working at outbidding each other for getting businesses to relocate to the other side. Tax breaks. Enterprise zones. Infrastructure upgrades… When a business’ tax break ran out on one side of the river, the other side would offer new breaks to get them to relocate.

It was like the college football transfer portal.

Eventually the two sides got together and called a truce, and the bidding for businesses is mostly limited to new businesses not already in either side of Kansas City.

If the Kansas side made a move to attract the Chiefs, I wonder if that would rekindle what was previously costing both sides dearly. Just all speculation on my part, of course. D-Day for the current KC lease is still years away. It’s all just pixels in news reports right now.

1 Like

This happened to OKC Thunder after Tulsans rejected a deal to renovate their court.

We miss them. Don’t make the same mistake we did.

That stadium seats 76,000 butts in a city of over 500,000 residents.

Most people simply don’t give a damn about that stadium. They certainly don’t give a damn about how sad the hardcores are about any of it. :person_shrugging:

Co-Pilot may have confused “city” and “metro area” but this is interesting nonetheless.