CDC holds emergency meeting June 18 in response to reports of alarming vaccine reactions

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that it will hold an emergency meeting to discuss a significant number of reports of heart inflammation in people who’ve received the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. The meeting, which will take place on Friday, June 18, will include an update on vaccine safety in light of the reported cases, according to an agenda draft that the CDC posted on its website.

Based on information from the US and Israel, young people appear to be those most likely to suffer severe vaccine-related heart inflammation. They are also among those least likely to suffer from effects of COVID itself.

As Tucker Carlson points out, the potential of dangerous side effects could outweigh any potential benefit from the vaccine for young adults and school children. Yet many schools and colleges are targeting students in these age groups for mandatory vaccinations:

Israeli health officials released a report showing that vaccinated young people, particularly young men, were developing a potentially fatal complication — a heart inflammation called myocarditis — and they were developing it at extremely high rates. Researchers determined that the incidence of myocarditis in vaccinated young men was fully 25 times the usual rate. Some of them died.

Twenty - five times the rate of potentially fatal heart inflammation. That is a huge jump. If those numbers are right — and we have no reason to think they’re not — healthy young people are far more likely to be injured or killed by the vaccine against COVID than by COVID itself. That is a huge ‘stop the presses’ moment, and it raises all kinds of very obvious questions, beginning with why are colleges across the country requiring students to take it?

Should state-supported education be able to require vaccinations for students?

Should the schools be liable for damages if a student suffers a severe reaction to a vaccination that they required?

2 Likes

they are looking at 275 potential cases in people between 16 and 24. instead of the expected 10-100
cases. out of the millions vaccinated.

not exactly a serious risk despite what tucker carlson is promoting to his sheep

Inflammation of the heart and “emergency meeting”

1 Like

Yeah, calculating the percentages out, it amounts to 0.0000027616 or 0.00027616%. Real high odds there - lol. And most of those cases are resolved without hospitalization.

Remember all those comments we’ve been hearing about a 99.5% survival rate for Covid? Well these odds are even better than that.

1 Like

It’s not about the odds, it’s about the stakes.

7 Likes

10-15x the normal rate for same disease in non-vacinated teens.

Leftie reply-
Nothing to see here folks!

What an ass-backwards response from the libs, unfortunately it’s absolutely typical.

5 Likes

Hmmm - turning it into a partisan issue.

About what I’ve come to expect on this board.

2 Likes

The US numbers are just those for cases that the CDC has reviewed. Israel has a more complete analysis for its population.

The leaked document showed that most cases were reported among young men aged 18-30. A total of 62 cases of myocarditis have occurred so far in Israel around the time of the vaccination, 56 of them after the second dose. Some 55 cases occurred among men. . .
“The impression is that there is an increase in the incidence of the phenomenon especially in young men on the scale of 1:20,000 after vaccination,” they added. “It is likely that the onset of myocarditis is associated with receiving the vaccine (especially the second dose).”

The vast majority of the heart problems occurred after the second dose. Given the low risk from COVID for this age group, a single dose may make more sense.

3 Likes

Ignoring the sheep comment in the post I replied to.

But yeah yeah, sure, I made it partisan.

4 Likes

This is why even though I got vaccinated, I will never judge anyone who is unwilling to do so. Could you imagine being the person who didn’t want to get vaccinated but got pushed into and then had this happen to them?

8 Likes

Was this risk identified in trials so people could make informed decisions?

Is there a medium or long term safety record on this vaccine?

Is this age group being vaccinated a relatively recent change?

Is the vaccine still emergency authorization?

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Until this is resolved, I hope every entity stops requiring mandatory vaccines for younger students.

6 Likes

I will say that personally, I don’t care whether individuals choose to get vaccinated or not. I’m fully vaccinated, so I’ve done everything I can to protect myself. What everyone else chooses to do is up to them.

I will say that in the larger scheme of things, I would have still gotten the vaccine even with this information. With my medical history, my doctor said that death was a high probability for me if I had gotten Covid without being vaccinated. So, that would outweigh most other considerations. But everyone must choose what they need to do.

1 Like

Yes, I got vaccinated based on my judgement of the risks and benefits. But I am in an age group that is far more likely to see severe effects from COVID.

The long-term effects of this new kind of vaccine technology are unknown. For a young healthy person the risks and benefits are much different.

2 Likes

Would you make your 16 year-old child vaccinate with this information?

One of my daughters has 2 young children that she has no intention of getting the vaccinations for. :+1: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

she should lose custody of the kids then. at least until the state can take custody,vaccinate them and then return custody to her

Absolutely not!

and yet you supported keeping schools closed even though the science shows this to be completely stupid.