Cawthorn charged with driving on a revoked license

2nd time in 5 years hes been charged with this.
its a misdemeanor in north carolina but he faces 20 days in jail.
he also has 2 outstanding speeding tickets ,for 89 in a 65 and 87 in a 70.

while the revoked license charge is really not a big deal one has to question the judgement of someone who does this more than once

I wonder why it was originally revoked. My dough is on DUI.

Most likely he ran up too many traffic points.

In North Carolina, traffic points stay on your record for three years, so just four tickets in 3 years and your license is revoked for 60 days.

So Mr. Speed Demon likely ran up too many points.

Make that man a judge!

2 Likes

Maybe. He’s pretty young, DUI is firmly in the realm of possibility. But so is speeding. Lord knows I had problems with both as a young man.

Change his name to “Beto”.

2 Likes

Lock him up.

1 Like

We need to let him into our country.

From the linked article…

Traffic-DWLR NOT IMPAIRED REV

The penalties are different, so it is stated not a DUI revocation.

Pretty sure that would make the twenty days in jail automatic, with no way out of it.

Policy positions and ethics are relevant to Congressional offices. Failure to act responsibly would be relevant to management positions. Leaving this as a “gotcha” to make his opponents feel good but serve no other purpose.

1 Like

Character used to matter, at least a bit.

A “lawmaker” who can’t follow the law?

1 Like

Does it matter if it’s traffic laws or murder?
Anyway, the acclamation of “the Lion of the Senate” took away many’s right to claim superior virtue.

No. “Lawmakers” have to follow the law or suffer the consequences. He is unfit for office.

Whataboutism aside.

With no sense of proportionality? I have no use for Cawthorn, but don’t think a traffic violation renders him unfit for office.

1 Like

He’s a scofflaw. Habitual. Unfit.

Lol. Speeding tickets are not a disqualifier for public office.

Allan

1 Like

Should not be driving however.

Doesn’t he have a driver?

Allan

Why? Because he is disabled?

Oh Madison.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) called Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky a “thug” and the Ukrainian government “evil” in a video obtained and published by North Carolina affiliate WRAL amid the ongoing Russian invasion.

“Remember that Zelenskyy is a thug,” Cawthorn said in the recording. “Remember that the Ukrainian government is incredibly corrupt and is incredibly evil and has been pushing woke ideologies.”