"Caravan" Border Watch

https://www.albanyherald.com/news/local/first-instance-of-violence-reported-at-u-s--mexico/article_ca6ccf88-ddcf-53fa-8d59-cd660be6deb4.html

The man was eventually arrested, and agents said he told them he was part of the migrant caravan that had been in the news. They said he had previous arrests in the U.S. and had been deported back in Honduras June.

“Seeking asylum”.

Be interesting to follow up for a while and see who is who.

I was told in another thread that thousands of migrants would be throwing rocks at border patrol agents at the same time. But i suppose an isolated incident can be exagerrated for political purposes.

2 Likes

So we should allow em in and meet their demands because only couple of them thrown rocks?

Not sure what you’re saying here.

How is it “exagerrated”?

From a week ago

At least three journalists were injured in fistfights and other violence after midnight, according to the newspaper, which occurred after residents gathered to demand the migrants vacate a public beach.

So 1 guy threw rocks, he was arrested and based on history won’t receive asylum? What didn’t work in our current process?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/deal-with-mexico-paves-way-for-asylum-overhaul-at-us-border/2018/11/24/87b9570a-ef74-11e8-9236-bb94154151d2_story.html?noredirect=on

“For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico,” said Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico’s incoming interior minister, the top domestic policy official for López Obrador, who takes office Dec. 1. In an interview with The Washington Post, she called it a “short-term solution.”

“The medium- and long-term solution is that people don’t migrate,” Sánchez Cordero said. “Mexico has open arms and everything, but imagine one caravan after another after another. That would also be a problem for us.”

From yesterday. Seems things are changing a bit.

The pedestrian crossings are closed in San Diego.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/the_americas/us-closes-major-crossing-as-caravan-migrants-mass-at-border-in-mexico/2018/11/25/f94aabe0-f0ea-11e8-99c2-cfca6fcf610c_story.html

I was told in another thread that everyone in the caravan was peaceful and only seeking a better life and there would be no violence or anyone that wasn’t of the peaceful asylum-seeking refugee model.

2 Likes

Border Control took care of the 1 person. What are you unhappy about?

1 Like

That was my first question after reading the link.

Thank you.

That it happened in Arizona.

Why is that a concern for you?

Because he crossed.

Not very successfully, eh?

Border Patrol did their jobs well.

I think tomorrow we’ll have another good day and capture another guy.

I interpret the article to say he was caught at the border. Agents and a helicopter monitored and arrested him. I don’t see this as a failure of the process.

It’s not like Border Patrol have jurisdiction in Mexico. :slight_smile:

Exactly. It sounds like he approached the board and was arrested as soon as he crossed. Good work by border patrol. I don’t see how there is a problem here.

We’ll see.

He was arrested. We already have seen.