Capitol Police shut down national anthem performance

I see you are still digging in that hole.

1 Like

Let me know if you want that meeting invite or not.

If you let this go, random cub scouts will be going through the halls singing “America the Beautiful”. This thing has to be nipped in the bud.

3 Likes

Needing “permission” to sing the national anthem in a building the people iwn is a problem.

9 Likes

What if my singing group wanted to sing “The Thong Song” in the Capitol. Would that be ok?

Did Kev telepathically issue a permit??

Is it the national anthem?

2 Likes

A permit. To sing the national anthem. On public property.

2 Likes

So why does the law require a permit? It does, btw.

Because the national anthem triggers critprogs?

Because idiots would try to sing the “Thong Song”?

2 Likes

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. There needs to be some control over what is allowed, and either this group or their congress people or Kev screwed up.

Think about if the gay men’s choir. showed up unannounced and started singing anything at all- do you think there might be some complaints?

From the link in the OP:

“Of course, because the singers in this situation were children, our officers were reasonable and allowed the children to finish their beautiful rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner,” the statement added. “The Congressional staff member who was accompanying the group knew the rules, yet lied to the officers multiple times about having permission from various offices. The staffer put both the choir and our officers, who were simply doing their jobs, in an awkward and embarrassing position.”

The national anthem.

2 Likes

The national anthem.

2 Likes

So the OP title is false. What’s the outrage about again?

Children given permission to do so.

No one has any common sense anymore.

2 Likes

They stopped them, then allowed them to continue.

1 Like

It is for Sisqo. What about “Lift Every Voice and Sing”? Do people need permission to sing that?

Is it the national anthem?

1 Like

So your rule would be that the National Anthem is allowed without permission, but all other songs are not allowed without permission?