Capital spending increased by 39 percent

No…fidelity…

You’re relatively new. It’s not something I just made up. It’s been a conservative mantra for a while now. We had these discussions during the rioting regarding Freddie Grey and Michael Brown.

He’s not new. I known him for about 12 years.

Should have kept reading, or did you just selectively ignore this:

Meanwhile, wages for the actual middle class workers continue to increase at a snails pace if at all.

Good job Conan!

Bow down before two true conservatives!

1 Like

Wages have gone up. Fastest pace in 9 years. But we need to be careful as well. Increase wages without increasing inflation.

But again you should know that.

2.7% annualized wage growth last quarter.

With 2.4% inflation.

Not exactly something to beat your chest about. I don’t know what you think a snails pace is, but a (roughly) 0.3% real wage growth might qualify.

lol - So now you want to tout the raises in minimum wage across the country as a good thing, eh?

You do know that’s one of the big reasons you can make that claim, right?

OK…lets give credit to one of your many lib Queens like Nancy Pelosi…your sweetheart for higher wages.

Why do you hate that working men and women are making more money?

Is it because you can’t give all the credit to your god emperor?

GE? They made things back then… didn’t they? But what do people make in Public Administration? Can you sell that “public administration” stuff to other countries?

It sounds like your H got something good out of it… and no doubt put a lot of hard work into it. But what did that method of solution do for everyone else… for America?

Who says you need to make something to be of economic value?

Once again your ignorance knows no bounds.

Mining of raw material create jobs. Processing raw material create jobs. The energy that is used to mine, process raw materials create jobs, producing of products create jobs.

All that is missing from our economy when it’s done overseas. All that lost revenue and taxation…the very taxation that you depend on for SS and Medicaid/Medicare.

It’s fundamentally American.

Libs wouldn’t understand.

Those are all valuable economic activities and I haven’t said any differently.

If resource harvesting and manufacturing are far from the only valuable economic activities.

I think you know that, at least I hope you do.

We have lots of ways of generating revenue. Tons. Lots of ways that don’t depend on jobs that can be easily shipped overseas.

What, so you’re not really an American unless you work in manufacturing?

I should draw some venn diagrams for you.

American traditions and manufacturing are not one and the same circle. But they have a big intersection.

So why denigrate the occupation of people not in that line of work?

Mining, production of raw materials and using raw material create wealth within local communities.

Why the hatred towards rural communities…is it because they don’t kiss the ass of social elites?

Clearly your disdain for them shows through just about every post you make.

And you wonder why fly over country hate their guts?

You project.
He did great for himself and his family.

But IF the government was going to get involved -and I’m not weighing in on whether they should or shouldn’t- why not help GE become more competitive? Why not help that guy and those like him to improve their skills inside GE so that they could bring the price of GE’s products down or change the product line to things that require similar skills to manufacture but appeal to more people?