Can't wait til these kids yell racism when they get fired down the line

If it’s not biological, what is it?

Cheating makes a kid a cheater. Is one race of kids so much more likely to cheat (for … TBD) that the collective needs the entire grading system changed to give them a “fair chance”?

Disruptive behavior should absolutely be part of a kids academic grade because it’s negatively affecting other kids in the class.

I should what? Graduate? Even if I cheated?

Of course not. But there are plenty of reasons for a black kid in Gary to have less faith in the system than a white kid in Brooklyn like I was - and I dropped out of high school after I failed to graduate because I didn’t care about following the rules.

What should grades represent?

Inate intelligence? Understanding of the material? Ability to memorize? Ability to follow social rules? Ability to play well with others?

We are talking about kids in San Diego.

Is there some racial characteristic that causes a group of one race to cheat and act out to they point that they need a special dispensation to overcome their “disparity”?

Implicit bias or flat out racism. I already answered you.

Not “even if you cheated”

If you cheated on your test,That would be an academic factor, right?

There is no "special dispensation* being given to anyone. Everyone, regardless of race, will be playing under the same rules.

Implicit bias and/or flat out racism makes children of one race cheat and act out more than kids of another race?

On whose part this bias/racism?

The rules are being changed to address racial disparity. That is a special dispensation.

The rules are the same now.

No, it isn’t. The rules are being changed for everyone.

You keep saying things I, nor the article, are saying. Reread the article, then come back.

No. That would be a citizenship factor.

Looks like the policy affects middle and high school students—just when you want to start preparing young people for life after graduation. When those minority students start getting fired for such issues as excess absenteeism & tardiness, they won’t have been done a favor.

I have found government jobs to be the most lenient when it comes to such issues. However, these employers will put up with only so much—it’s difficult to be fired, but they won’t allow lateral transfers or promotions of those with frequent absences & tardies.

Hope your injury heals soon.

2 Likes

No cheating on a test is an academic factor. Punching a kid a lunch is a non academic factor.

I read it.

You didn’t say “implicit bias or flat out racism”? The article doesn’t say “to address racial disparity”?

It applies to all students.

It is a citizenship factor now.

So I can beat the hell out of another kid every day and get an A and graduate?

You are all over the place.

Just stick to the article.