Can't wait til these kids yell racism when they get fired down the line

I didn’t ask for their reasons or yours. Would you like me to repeat the question?

They will be removed from the class. What does that have to do with this policy change?

Nah, I’m good.

Are you going to answer?

The changes are partly to address racial and other disparities in current grading practices, officials said.

Is there something in the characteristics that makes one race more susceptible to bad behavior, cheating or missing due dates?

No. But there are things in reality that it more likely for minorities to be less trustworthy of the system.

Intelligent and docile are different characteristics in a child. Should they be part of the same grade?

What does “trusting the system” have to do with bad behavior, cheating and ignoring due dates?

No. What does it have to do with race?

Everything.

If you don’t trust or respect the system, why follow the rules?

Biologically, nothing at all.

Because the only way to succeed in a system is to excel in it.

I don’t disagree.

But I didn’t know that when I was 17, and no one could have convinced me.

There’s life outside the system. However depressing and terrible it is in reality, teenagers have quite a capacity for fantasy.

Yet the article… race is a social construct. Is there something about a particular race that makes them more likely to cheat or have bad behavior?

How does this address “racial disparities”?

Did you read what they said they plan to do with cheating?

No.

First, who said something HAD to be a characteristic of a race for something to be racist?

Second, all that school district is doing is removing non academic factors from grading. That’s it. Students can still have punitive actions against them.

Is there something about a particular race that makes their lives more susceptible to cheating and acting out than majority children?

Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery.

The word “racist”. It’s in the word.

Yes race is a social construct. Thus racism is also a social construct.

There are not any biological characteristics that make a kid a cheater because they are black. However racism or implicit bias CAN make it seem as if that is the case.

1 Like

Can they? A self critique session? So I can make an A in knowledge and an F in “citizenship grade”. Or vice versa. Do I graduate?

You should…

Have you ever worked with a “smart jerk”?