Canadian truckers’ ‘Freedom Convoy'

It’s not very logical.

■■■■■■■■■ It’s a strong indicator.

I got it from the NIH and the CDC. Where did you get your misinformation from?

2 Likes

Yes … the vaccine is very good at preventing the protein from entering our cells and releasing the virus contained within.

Tell me, how can a person who is immune to a viral disease, communicate that virus to other people? Yet the CDC tells us that vaccinated people still present a threat to other people, so wear a mask … two masks are better than one.

We are way off topic here … let it go.

Then please show me the part where they state that the antibodies that are made by the vaccine are different than that one’s made by infection.

That once an immune response is provoked, that the antibodies produced will be somehow different.

Please show that to me.

No. It doesn’t matter … particularly to this thread.

Let it go.

It’s like the immigration caravans. They pick up and lose people en route.

Allan

The vaccine is not 100% and there is a certain percentage chance of a breakthrough infection.

None of this is controversial.

What is weird is the notion that the antibodies produced by vaccination are inherently different than those from exposure to the virus.

Because you can’t.

Says the guy who can’t let it go. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You keep bringing it up.

And as long as that happens there will be push back.

You develop antibodies to all parts of the virus with naturally acquired immunity, not just the spike protein. That is why it does better than the vaccine against variants.

from https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

In contrast, during a natural infection, the human body is exposed to all parts of the virus, including the spike protein. When the immune system responds to enable recovery from the infection, it is broader and more diverse, with a greater ability to defend against any future SARS-CoV-2 virus variants.

Therefore, while mutations naturally form in the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein through the process of viral evolution, the targeted vaccine-based approach to attack the spike protein, while still effective, is not as robust as the armamentarium created from surviving a true infection, and most effective in combination with vaccination.

1 Like

Push back? I’d call it plain old stubbornness. :wink:

And the article that was linked with that statement was about hybrid immunity of vaccination and immunity gained through exposure. It has to do with the longevity of plasmablasts post exposure and the robustness of B memory cells.

The way the virus interacts with the body is through the spike protein. Infection produces antibodies that attack the protein. Vaccination produces antibodies that attack the spike protein.

The statement that the vaccination absolutely does not prevent infection is silly.

It confers a percentage chance of lower risk of infection that wanes with time.

Just like when one is exposed and gets sick with the virus.

There ya go. That’s what I’ve been telling you. The vaccine produces antibodies that attack (attach to the receptors preventing it from attaching to our cells so the virus can infect them) the spiked protein NOT THE VIRUS. The antiviral antibodies are produced by the immune system when (because the vaccine is not 100% effective against the protein) cells are infected by the virus itself.

So we’re done here, right?

The spike protein is part of the virus.

They cannot be separated.

And plus I mistyped.

I meant to write that infection produces antibodies that attack the spike protein.

I have said this before if there is any question.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

:roll_eyes:

Yeah. I mistyped.

Here is a previous post.

No, as the article I linked stated, in natural acquired immunity you get antibodies to most parts of the virus, not just the spike protein.

1 Like

What other parts?