Canada is having a bad day 63 killed in Iran, shooting Owttawa

Canada is having a bad day.

@CanadianJudo hopefully everyone is safe and makes a full recovery and that appropriate empathy is shown in this thread.

1 Like

I second that. Sorry to hear all this C.J.

Man- so sorry to hear that happened. Is there any sense if the plane crash was an accident or not?

This is an unfortunate series of events.

I will only add that the violence is more of a media/attention issue than a weapon issue.

:cry:

Why were they going from Tehran to Kiev?

Why does that matter?

It matters because they all lost their life and it appears they were blown out of the sky.

I’m guessing oil workers evacuating.

Where did you see they were blown out of the sky? I still don’t get why your question matters. I assume the people on the plane had many different reasons for traveling?

It’s still under investigation. There are pictures of possible shrapnel holes in the wreckage. And Iran won’t let Boing examine the black box. Iran does not own this plane. Cover up?

1 Like

It’s still under investigation. There are pictures of possible shrapnel holes in the wreckage. And Iran won’t let Boing examine the black box. Iran does not own this plane. Cover up?

1 Like

63 Canadians…and who else died?

How many Americans?

None. Some Europeans, Iranians, Canadians and Ukrainians. Iran has confiscated the black boxes and will not allow Boeing to examine them. Shrapnel holes? Smells fishy.

If they did, why? To kill Canadians?

The plane was already a fireball before it hit the ground.

I’m just trying too suss out the logic here. They shoot missiles directly at US positions but likely knowing the missiles would not take lives. But then they blow up a civilian plane with Westerners but no Americans? And that included plenty of Iranian citizens?

I’m not seeing the logic here.

Yep. If this photo is authentic, it looks a little spooky.

Unless we find out there were any Americans or notables on board. It is about as crazy as the stampeding deaths.

Bad Karma to murderous Iran. Every time they chant, “Death to America,” they are creating more sins of evil.

I’m open to the idea that it was an accidental shootdown- maybe some trigger happy Iranian young buck who mistook the plane for a US bomber? Something doesn’t add up here.