Canada elections seem interesting for once with PM Peoplekind caught doing blackface

Racist things were still racist back then. People just reacted to them differently.

Interesting statement, given that “Racist!” is a subjective emotion.

A pretender…

1 Like

Replace Trudeau with Trump, and the left would be rabid, including the ones claiming they would not.

1 Like

okay let’s go with the left’s favorite, “people of color” face.

Trudeau has certainly accepted responsibility for his actions. He has accepted that it was unreservedly wrong and not acceptable. It will be up to the Canadian electors to determine whether those actions weighed up against his current actions make him fit to remain as Canadian PM or not.

You and your comrade are funny.

The feigned indignation from the usual suspects is exactly that feigned. The same suspects who can find no fault with any of Trump’s contemporary actions.

It will be up to the Canadian voters to weigh up Trudeau’s past actions with what he has done during his time as PM.

That is probably true.

Of course, it is not like there are any other instances in Trump’s checkered past that might possibly influence that opinion. :sunglasses:

I disagree the thing is in recent years the left has expanded the meaning of racism among themselves. It’s no longer just defined as feeling morally superior and discriminating to another race, now it includes institutional racism, as well as weaponizing the word more and more to shutdown conversation.

Disagree with immigration policy - racist. Don’t approve of someone kneeling national anthem - racist etc etc etc… ad-nauseam.

I would 100% agree that if someone walked down the street to be a butthead dressed as blackface it would be offensive, however almost all of the times this stuff if brought up it’s either at Halloween or some party which no it didn’t use to be a thing that triggered people so much as everyone knew it was Halloween.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be a crime today either.

But woke liberalism declares it to be, so social media erupts in fits of apoplexy when pictures from decades ago surface.

I agree, this doesn’t go anywhere good do people really want to be on the side of the girl who was cussing her professor out about Halloween costumes effectively shutting Halloween down on several campuses? And it doesn’t stop their the whole “Cancel Culture” crap that has been going on were if things are considered to offensive even if it was a movie or T.V. show 15 years ago. Even the show “Friends” is considered to offensive. It’s just stupid the left is becoming the new puritans and turning into everything they hated about the right and the way they acted policing culture in the past.

No such person exists on this board.

You obviously have not read the topic about Trump’s Alabama Hurricane Dorian actions to make such a claim.

And bigotry.

And homophobia.

And misogyny.

And aggression. (See: microaggression.)

Nobody is safe (if you’re not a lib.)

That’s one topic. (And you’re expecting me to accept YOUR interpretation of what’s said in there…) You said “NO fault with ANY…”

Your statement is a fabrication – like so many statements on this board from so many libs on this board.

That was the response I expected and it didn’t take long for it to appear. The very fact that you chose not to include the example I cited speaks volumes.

That’s because you get corrected so frequently.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

I showed you why your statement was a fabrication. Like so many libs here, that’s what we see from you. And, like so many libs who get called on their fabrications, you are doubling down on trying to justify your false statement.

Part of your post reminds of the very misguided and erroneous attempts to use Japan’s suicide rates to refute a point made in one of the many threads about the need for sensible gun laws reforms.

But I will take on board the need to examine forensically your posts to ensure that there is no rhetorical device used and that everything should be taken absolutely literally.

This confirms to me what I’ve known already.

People shouldn’t expect the words in your posts to mean what they actually mean.

I have more respect than that for what I post.

Good one, aussie!!