Canada ban conversion therapy

In a unanimous vote by Parliament Canada has moved to criminal the practice of conversion therapy, this is a big victory for LGBTQ +.

OTTAWA – Conversion therapy is now illegal in Canada, marking a major milestone in LGBTQ2S+ rights in this country.

After parliamentarians came together to unanimously pass legislation to eradicate the harmful practice in late 2021, the Criminal Code sanctions came into force on Jan. 7.

That means that now, anyone who looks to subject someone of any age, consenting or not, to so-called conversion therapy could face up to five years in prison.

2 Likes

Huzzah- conversion therapy is completely evil.

1 Like

Why?

It’s not a win for the few who are gay, not happy and want to try conversion therapy.

6 Likes

Canadians legislating that gays shall like being gay. Not surprised. I thought most Canadians were gay anyhow.

5 Likes

They’re gonna be gay whether they like it or not. That’s the LAW! :rofl:

9 Likes

There is this contest among western leftists on who can be gayer.

Screenshot 2022-01-08 154356

2 Likes

Isn’t that the truth. They will shoot you up with hormones and sew man parts on you to appease the PC gods, but heaven forbid trying to provide psychiatry for those gay people hoping for a chance to be straight.

3 Likes

They don’t give a ■■■■ about gays, they give a ■■■■ about their own opinions. :wink:

3 Likes

Who initiates the therapy? Is it the adult gay person themselves or is it the family members of minors?

1 Like

It’s neck and neck. :rofl:

1 Like

Who initiates therapy for other mental illnesses and behaviors that are self destructive?

1 Like

There was a time some thought gays were mentally ill.

There was also a time some thought black people were inferior to whites, genetically.

Do you think Transgenders are mentally ill?

Ahh… so we’re down to being gay is an illness and self destructive. Which I’ll take as you have no answer to my question.

Gay is so passé, like being a 1950s housewife.

All the cool kids now are non-binary with preferred gender pronouns.

2 Likes

Isn’t gender dysphoria that leads to transition considered a mental disorder?

Hmm…seems to me that it should remain available to adults that want it.

3 Likes

It’s never about what the actual people want.

4 Likes

Therapy on an individual basis wasn’t banned though. We ban a lot of treatments even if some want to try it…

People really want to try blood letting I hear :grin:

You know that they sit you with a therapist before they shoot you up with hormones right?