Canada ban conversion therapy

Gender dysphoria: A concept designated in the DSM-5 as clinically significant distress or impairment related to a strong desire to be of another gender, which may include desire to change primary and/or secondary sex characteristics. Not all transgender or gender diverse people experience dysphoria.

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria#:~:text=Gender%20dysphoria%3A%20A%20concept%20designated,gender%20diverse%20people%20experience%20dysphoria.

I don’t understand. Are you saying that they can still do it and just call it normal therapy?

Indeed. What does homosexuality have to do with it?

who is forcing people to be gay?

I am simply saying that therapy is still around for those who are gay but “want a chance at being straight.”

Few are important now?

Can they still obtain therapy.?

no its illegal to sell conversion therapy as a service.
there is nothing stopping them from doing it themselves though.

1 Like

Right so now we just call it therapy.

Trying to normalize mental illness on the backs of black people is disgusting… absolutely disgusting approach that progs have always used. Next you will be saying that blacks fought hard for the rights of pedophiles. It’s your© style. Disgusting. Makes me want to puke.

1 Like

They are gay people who seeks conversion therapy, the number may not be high but there is no one that lives in the west forced to go under conversion therapy. If they were being forced into conversion therapy then the op’s title would be correct as a victory for BLT groups. As is stands it’s just taken away the option from someone who might want a chance to change.

1 Like

Damn…what a strange response.

If this were true, there wouldn’t be laws banning it. The truth is, parents were forcing children into conversion therapy, and it was highly destructive.

Some very conservatives states have full or partial bands for minors. Don’t take my word for it, look into it.

Please note: U.S.laws protect minors only. It appears the Canadian ban is in full.

1 Like

are the ragtops running scared?

comparing gays to pedophiles… wow what decade did you come from.

Yes, they are.

the medical community disagrees.

:rofl: That’s not true at all.

So gay folk can seek conversion therapy, but cannot be encouraged to seek it by a third party?

conversion therapy is banned for all parties, if someone wishes to do it they would need to visit America or another country.

the reason it is banned is because its harmful and not supported by the medical community.

The ones where we watched liberals use the shell game to introduce and defend a benign aberrant behavior only to swap it later with destructive and deranged behavior.