Can Rivera's employer be sued?

Do you think that he was the only illegal working there? I wonder if they are making any effort to weed out the rest and turn them in to ICE? That would be a good start.

That is one way that the employer could defend themselves. “Look at all the other undocumented workers. Hiring this guy did NOT cause the Tibbet’s death.”

I know first hand how difficult it is to deal with illegals on the employer side. As long as they provide the required documents anything you do to refuse hiring them or to later fire them because you suspect they are illegal opens the employer up to discrimination charges and a federal investigation.

There’s a billion dollar business on both sides of the border providing very good fake documents.

If you’re going to hold employers liable for hiring illegals who have such documents you have to free them of that liability and create a system by which they can legally do what’s right.

Her name is Mollie. If you’re going to use her tragedy for political purposes, you could at least spell her name right.

I some how imagine the misspelling is the least of her worries or those of her family.

Just asking for some common decency, that’s all.

That’s rich…

Trying to spell her name right seems like the decent thing to do to me.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Then you’ve come to the wrong place. I’m a very, very bad man.

If he were intentionally misspelling it to insult her memory you might have a point.

Gross negligence.

Grossly pathetic on your part.

If I were in charge of ICE or whomever audits business. I would tell this company that they will be audited in 30 days. And that is how much time they have to get rid of all their illegals.

That’s cuz I’m gross. :sunglasses:

And they can’t do it without fear of being nailed on discrimination charges if the workers provided the required documents.

Until you eliminate that liability you can’t hold them liable for having illegals working for them.

It is pathetic. When liberals lose an argument, which is what happens nearly every time, they panic and try to destroy the character of the person who just kicked their ass. Happens every time. They can’t help themselves.

They just got all the proof that they need that this company has illegals on it’s workforce. They raid companies a lot. Raid this one.

It is far easier to go after employers than to target “sanctuaries”.

The question isn’t whether or not he was here legally, the only question is whether or not he provided the required documents.

They have no criminal liability if he did, but face tremendous liability for firing anyone on the basis they suspect is an illegal who provided same.

No, not really, not if you understand what’s being discussed.