Can Rivera's employer be sued?

By hiring him, they cheated the system so that they could save a little cash. Now Molly is dead. They cheated and she died for it. It seems like people sue for anything or nothing these days. I wonder if this could be sued for harboring this maniac. Anybody know?

We’ll need to know more about the owners’ political stances before we can make that determination.

Good question. I would think yes, especially if lawyers smell deep pockets.

Molly who??

Welp…>

The Des Moines Register reported that it reviewed documents that listed several owners of the farm, which included Dane Lang and Eric Lang, both relatives of Craig Lang. Craig Lang, who owns a dozen property deeds in Brooklyn, Iowa, is reportedly a former 2018 Republican candidate for secretary of agriculture in the state.

Dane Lang said Rivera worked there for the past several years, and was an “employee in good standing.” He also noted that Rivera passed the government’s E-Verify employment verification system, despite his status as an undocumented immigrant. The system is intended to maintain a database of I-9 forms and tax records of employees across the country.

Those are some deep pockets.

The murderer says he “blacked out” during the murder and can’t remember…anything. Yeah…I know. The next question is where else has he been in the country and how many other times, if any, has he…“blacked out”?

The laws need to be enforced and this applies to the employer too.

Hilarious, but true.

Agree 100%. I heard that blackout â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  and it is the cunning mind of the murderer to get the charges reduced so he can be out in 5-7 years.

Build up the border barriers, beef up security, enforce the law, and prosecute the cheats in the US that hire servitude labor.

1 Like

So that would be a yes. Let the prosecution proceed.

Ha! Victimhood - you guys do it so well. It’s beautiful to behold.

Glad you enjoyed that. Hope it lasts you all day.

The employer?

For the murder of an employee?

Uh, yeah, it’s an open and shut case.

Hahahhahahahahahahahaha

Dane Lang said Rivera worked there for the past several years, and was an “employee in good standing.” He also noted that Rivera passed the government’s E-Verify employment verification system, despite his status as an undocumented immigrant. The system is intended to maintain a database of I-9 forms and tax records of employees across the country.

That is just messed up.
We really need to fix the entire immigration system.
No one wants to step up and fix it on either side of the political spectrum.
Make a Path to Citizen ship for Dacca
Fix the Immigration system.
Enforce the Laws
Enforce the “Boarders”
And then Punish states and Business that violate the laws by hiring illegals or give them state drivers licenses.

2 Likes

The afterglow is spectacular. Thank you

That was short-lived.

That’s not true. A whole bunch of the things you mentioned are supported on both sides. The problem is that we have one party rule right now who is literally making zero attempts at fixing things, and would rather just talk about it and blame the other side.

I’ve seen many liberals on this forum say they’d support EVerify and punishing employers who hire illegals. That’s a great place to start, and I bet that wouldn’t have a hard time passing. Why aren’t Republicans doing it?

Same reason the Democrats didn’t fix it when they could have and when Obama promised he would.

NO ONE really wants to fix it.

Trump does, but will not do it alone…with a pen and a phone…

Yarrabee Farms, a family-owned company that operates dairy farms in the rolling hills outside Brooklyn, said that Rivera had been an employee in good standing for four years and that it was shocked to learn he was implicated in the crime.

The company is owned by the family of Craig Lang, a prominent Republican who previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau.