Can Mass Shootings Be Stopped?

No it isn’t, it’s completely historically accurate.

All humans are capable of great good or great evil what defines us is which way we choose to go with our talents and what value we place on the lives of innocents.

The custodial parent gets all of the tax benefit, not the sperm donor.

Child support is not deductible although it most certainly should be.

Fair point.

That’s the absolute truth.

Weak tea. We killed somewhere in the range of 90 percent of them. That’s genocide.

But yeah, they tried to protect their homeland. They got what was coming to them.

If you can’t distinguish between war and wholesale slaughter of innocents I can’t help you.

As for the 90% figure it’s completely made up, no such casualty numbers even exist.

Native American genocide. The slave trade. Innumerable wars and US military interventions throughout the world.

“There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?” - President Donald Trump

And by the way, it’s not as though the Indians had not been killing off each other in wars from the time they first hit the continent either.

The Indian tribes that existed when european colonization began were not the first inhabitants of North America. They killed off their predecessors.

War is the nature of man at our very core and every square inch of territory held by humans has been gained through various conquests.

All of humanity fits that same mold.

Which was exactly my point.

My lord, what a lazy punt.

Somehow you walked him into agreeing with your point while still making him preserve the illusion for himself that he was still disagreeing.

Because admitting he was wrong of course is as likely as a flash flood of mattress tags.

I saw it happen, but I still don’t know how you did it.

1 Like

He will tell you I did no such thing. :wink:

No, your point is that we as individuals are all similar and that is factually untrue.

If you can’t distinguish between war and the wholesale murder of innocents committed by those three individuals your own moral compass is badly broken.

Every human being is capable of great evil, depending on circumstance and opportunity. Hitler, Mao, and Stalin were not unique evil snowflakes in that regard.

You seem to labor under the delusion that America has only killed innocents in the theater of war. Why?

Because we are the good guys. All of our killings have noble reasons behind them.

If those individuals were not unique history would be fraught with similar examples. It is not.

They slaughtered tens of millions of innocent civilians for no purpose other than the fact they deemed it appropriate to do so.

Again, if you can’t see the difference your moral compass is broken or else completely absent.

And if they don’t, henpeck details—was war declared before we started killing or not?—and search desperately for tangents, the more ridiculous the better.

America doesn’t kill innocents.

the world has a spit take as one

The first killings began when the indians committed genocide on the first Europeans to attempt to colonize the east coast of N. America.

That of course is only in the modern era as their predecessors had committed genocide against the original inhabitants more than 10,000 years prior.